Cataloguing collections

brownbear29

Padawan
Prompted by a comment from ponchobelt in the Aspirations 2014 (did you make it?) thread, and faced with the prospect of better cataloguing my own collection, I'd be interested to hear how people have approached cataloguing theirs.

To date, I've relied on the usual checklists & guides available - SWFUK, RS, TIG, Wolff, posters, etc. and a rudimentary spreadsheet.

I imagine this is a hugely subjective area & everyone has their own methods. Welcome your thoughts, resources, templates, information captured (fields / attributes)...

Cheers,
Luke

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
brownbear29 said:
Prompted by a comment from ponchobelt in the Aspirations 2014 (did you make it?) thread, and faced with the prospect of better cataloguing my own collection, I'd be interested to hear how people have approached cataloguing theirs.

To date, I've relied on the usual checklists & guides available - SWFUK, RS, TIG, Wolff, posters, etc. and a rudimentary spreadsheet.

I imagine this is a hugely subjective area & everyone has their own methods. Welcome your thoughts, resources, templates, information captured (fields / attributes)...

Cheers,
Luke

For cardbacks, I have a wants thread which lists all the variations I don't have for all the foreign cardback runs.
I made this using the online resources for all the different foreign cards there are out there.

I have most of my stuff limelighted on SWFUK, so I can also look there if I need a visual reference for what I already have.

cheers Jason

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have a list of pictures of what I am missing. I delete and add to the list when I find some more that I want or get some more.

I also have my own site where I share my collection as a guide to help others and so I can see what I have so I don't buy stuff I alleready have :lol:

I also share a lot of my collection on the forum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom