Princess Leia Organa and Darth Vader Capes

Chico

Jedi Knight
HI all,

I would love a bit of help from the forum please. Over the last year i have picked up a few figures with capes that i'm not sure about in regards to being either a variant or a good repro.

First up are two Leia figures. The Leia on the left is has a Taiwan Coo and on the right HK. Neither cape makes a zipping sound, but the Taiwan cape in particular feels 'right'. Does the Taiwan variant have a different cape, both sides appear to have the same texture. This Leia came from a 'good' lot if you know what i mean, a well looked after collection with no repro items. I can't remember which lot the HK Leia came with but the cape looks old and has yellowed in areas as you can see in the images.

leia1_zps9b1e80bf.jpg

leia2_zpsccc31e71.jpg

I also picked up a vader with a very thin cape. This does make the Zipping sound but is much thinner than other vaders i have had in the past. I've had input from on forum member that this is probably legit but wanted to open it up to others for other input. The vader is pictured below, followed by a close up of his coo. If this cape is legitimate is it with the right Coo?

f12_1_zps06c97fce.jpg

darth_coo_zps38c71c6e.jpg

Thanks as always folks!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
There is a thread about it here, where I also have asked about some of the same questions.

I still need help with my leia and tusken cape

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20113

Chico

Jedi Knight
Thanks Lars, my Leia capes seem to be exactly the same as yours, and like you they are confusing me as they 'feel' and look genuine, they just don't make the zippy sound. One of my has yellowed which would also suggest age?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom