HELP ! Star Wars poster info wanted please

JFK

Jedi Master
Can anyone point out on ebay wich is an original Star Wars quad poster ,I realy want one ,but if I ask the seller if it's genuine ,then obviously they will say yes ,so can anyone help me point out wich one is genuine so I can try and buy one please :D

JFK

Jedi Master
I don't know what a quad poster is myself ? I thought it was a bike :D it's just what seems to be the name attached to this particular poster I want ,it's the large wide version verry colourful it came oscar and pre oscar ,this us what they call a quad ,there is one near me in darlington ,it's on £180 plus it's got a reserve that it's not hit yet,I just want to know if it's genuine so I can go for it!!!

JFK

Jedi Master
I've just seen that 12G !! Wtf !! The one I'm looking for is the c poster but quad it's wider / bigger I think ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
JFK said:
I don't know what a quad poster is myself ? I thought it was a bike :D it's just what seems to be the name attached to this particular poster I want ,it's the large wide version verry colourful it came oscar and pre oscar ,this us what they call a quad ,there is one near me in darlington ,it's on £180 plus it's got a reserve that it's not hit yet,I just want to know if it's genuine so I can go for it!!!

:lol: ok I did not think it was a bike :lol: but now I know a little about what it is, sorry that I can't help you. But I think Grant have helped you a lot :wink:

wayneg

Padawan
Quad posters always measure 40" x 30". For the Star Wars trilogy quads they are on an inferior quality paper to the US One-sheets, not as glossy. The Star Wars quad you're asking about is the more popular Tom Cantrell poster which came in 2 versions - the pre-oscar version (more expensive) and the post-oscar version.

The one I have is the post-oscar version:

Untitled-1.jpg

Telling if a poster is geniune or not becomes trickier especially today with better quality reproduction techniques but the obvious check is if the paper is in superb condition (especially with a 37 year-old quad) then there's a fair chance it's a copy.

If it's a reprint then it most probably won't show the original printing information on the bottom left and right-hand corners. On the bottom right-hand corner of the quad I own it has the following:

IMG_0171 - Copy.JPG

SOJ

Sith Lord
Wayne's is bob on. Also I've not heard of fake Versions of this poster. Fake sof the U.S. one sheets is widespread though. Ask the seller for confirmation of measurements Wayneg has mentioned.

I was looking at these a few years back and considering getting one, never did though. At the time ones in good condition we're going for £300 to £500. Goes without saying condition is key.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom