Header image

Yak Face Figure, COO reference guide NEW UPDATES: 25/05/16

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Yak Face Figure, COO reference guide.

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm

No COO figure 3:

Yesterday I found this one in childhood collection. To my big surprise it was a 3rd variant :shock:

But with the same no coo

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:53 pm

and here is a new picture of the 3 Yak Faces compared.

From left Light Brown face, Very Light Brown Face and Pale Face.

Also the blue arms and legs is different on them.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am

Pomse2001 wrote:and here is a new picture of the 3 Yak Faces compared.

If the COO stamp is identical and the molding is identical, I think you have to be careful about calling them variants. Subtle differences in colouration is just normal for vintage figures and can be attributed to how they've been stored and how many photons of UV they've soaked up over the decades.

The info about the accessories is great though, of course you have the coin / no coin Yak but I didn't know you had one with a Tusken Raider stick!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:56 am

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:and here is a new picture of the 3 Yak Faces compared.

If the COO stamp is identical and the molding is identical, I think you have to be careful about calling them variants. Subtle differences in colouration is just normal for vintage figures and can be attributed to how they've been stored and how many photons of UV they've soaked up over the decades.

The info about the accessories is great though, of course you have the coin / no coin Yak but I didn't know you had one with a Tusken Raider stick!

So far I am still looking at the coo, I need more time with them. They are very identical but something does a little bit looks different, but as I said I need more time with that before I am sure. I have only looked after the big and easy differences, there could be more that I have not found yet.

Yes I agree it could be because of age, but then again it could be a diffent paint and plastic colour, I just try to have and open mind on this.

It could be cool if others would add pictures of the Yak Faces they have so we could talk, share and debate more about this awesome figure :D I am sure I am not the only one who have a Yak Face on the forum :D so come out of the closet :wink:

I remember a debate here some years ago http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t38 ... white-head

No I do not have a Yak Face Coin yet, if you have one. Then please add it to the thread :D

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”