R5D4 leg variation

BlueDog

Sith Lord
This is probably a common one but I can't find any mention of it through searching google or on other R5D4 variant threads. Hopefully someone can help with info on whether this is common.

Just looking at my loosies tonight and noticed quite a significant difference in the leg sculpts on my two R5D4's, one on the left is a 1977 NCOO and one on right is a 1978 Hong Kong. As you can see from the pics the legs are quite different, the 78's a fair bit taller with a thinner red stripe on the side. Other differences of note are on the head where you'll notice the difference in sculpt where the silver stripe is set in you'll notice on the left it tapers from the top narrow to wide at the bottom where as on the 78 on the right it is the opposite.

I know the heads are a different as previously mentioned but I haven't seen the legs or these side piece shown before. This figure came in a lot I managed to score on Ebay over a year ago which was quite an odd set. They came from someone with zero knowledge on Vintage where thrown loose into a box with no padding and every single figure in the lot was absolutely mint with no weapons. I mean not even a hint of missing paint on any of them bar the LXW fig which has very minor rubbing on his helmet strip.

Oddest part was that all of them were No COO figures.

20150523_233831_zpsqxopcplu.jpg

20150523_234120_zpstpegwmjh.jpg

c483989f-ecdb-4246-9214-88f5d262e0b1_zps5afjp0zk.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have a few different legs on the ones I have. It is the same with R2-D2, some of them even have the same coo but different legs :D

But I do not know how normal it is :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
BlueDog said:
Awesome thanks Pomse, I never knew some of them had different molded legs.

Your welcome, if jeff do not start a guide about it then I will do it when I have the time :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom