Display Cabinet Lighting?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Need to get some lighting into my display cabinets. Any tips? Thinking of getting something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009E9TPCW/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1418322473&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

x-pack

Grand Master
LEDs are great but they tend to be quite dim. I had a go at using them and they are good as a background light, but not great for illuminating your set up. IKEA do some interesting lighting that might work for you.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Barry, not thought of looking there. I like the idea of being able to change the colours with the leds.

x-pack

Grand Master
The other downside with LEDs (as far as I know) is that they are battery powered. The ones i've seen in IKEA are different lengths and will plug into the mains. Not sure about colours. Check 'em out. I would be using them but don't have a socket in the attic ...just a lightbulb :)

Perhaps the person to ask is the forum member who was building the Sail Barge. Haven't seen that thread in a bit and can't remember who it was off the top of my head, but that thing was rigged with LEDs and looked amazing.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey Cazza,

I purchased my lighting kit from Aldi here in Australia, not sure if Aldi in the UK sell that type of thing but they do here from time to time. They are 240volt and change colours if you wish.

They work very well and I've never had a problem with mine, even comes with a remote control and are very easy to install.

20150527_233947_zps4qi78wqr.jpg

20150527_234000_zpsea4ahpd5.jpg

20150527_234007_zpsccxfzslf.jpg

Hope that helps, Ryan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom