How to ship a MISB vehicle (tie fighter, x-wing)

johndionysus

Youngling
Thanks to help from folks here on my other thread, I realize I need to send in all my items I will be selling to be graded. For figures, I'm not worried about how to package and ship. What I am worried about is shipping the larger vehicles and the cantina set. Any recommendations on how best to package them up for safe passage?

lejackal

Grand Master
I would send bubble wrapped inside a larger box filled with packing peanuts.

So wrap the box with bubble wrap, careful not to tape the box.

Line the box with about 3" of peanuts, place the box inside and then cover in peanuts.

Air pillows are good for keeping the weight of the package down but could deflate and leave space for the box to move about.

Good luck with the sales, some lovely stuff there!

andygo

Padawan
I would also double outer box too, just to be safe. Most damage (other than unavoidable catastrophic stuff like a forklift prong straight through something) occurs with penetration of the exterior box, an inner sacrificial box helps avoid that.

I package like this, if the toy box isn't sealed, I usually fill the voids around the toy with packing peanuts to avoid movement of the item within the toy box. This is then bubble wrapped with two layers, carefully, avoiding tape anywhere near the toy box. This then gets placed in a shipping box with around 4 or 5 inches all the way around it filled with packing material (air pillows and peanuts). This box is then taped up, bubble wrapped and placed inside a slightly larger box with around an inch or so of packing peanuts, then thoroughly tape up the outer box. I apply two or three destination labels around the outer box in case one gets defaced, and I go over all these with sellotape to protect them.

That's pretty much the best you can do to protect against normal shipping wear. If it gets damaged beyond that, then nothing would have saved it outside of a wooden packing crate....

cheers,

Andy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom