Wanting advice but more confused than ever after research

First time poster long time fan. I've finally decided to part with my figures and occasional vehicles that I used to play with as a child and have begun researching into what I have. Foolishly I thought that this would be easy, but the more I have looked the more confused I have become as to what I actually have. I have looked through various postings on here since I first registered so that I could bring some understanding to my first question rather than sounding like a complete idiot. I have looked through rebelscum and imperial gunnery but am still confused as to what exact figures and weapons I have. What would you guys recommend as the best way to start? For instance I have Han solo hoth but not sure exactly what variant and would not know how to value it, similarly I have rebel soldier hoth and have the same problem. Also I have a small number of bespin weaponry but when looking into this there is a whole myriad of possibilities from translucent to repro, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I think you're big mistake is to get too embroiled in the finer details of what you have.

First thing to do is post a pic of what you have - don't bother with date stamps of 'made in' details just yet. The guys here are pretty clued up as to what is rare or sought after and you can take it from there.

You might be seeing valuations and prices being realised by really rare examples and automatically think your's must be worth the same - 99.9% of the time this just isn't so - there's so much of this stuff out there.

So, step one, post a pic - it will say a thousand words...

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Pics of your items would be the way to go, you will definitely get sound advice from the guys on the forum.

Both, thank you for your replies. In terms of the photos, what do you recommend, one figure and numerous photos per post or lump all the figures and photos together?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Depends on how many pieces you are talking about?

Take a look at the valuation thread on how it's done, that will give you an idea, post pics up there for starters

See link

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

Attached are photos of the first four figures to get an understanding if this is the best way to present them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 739
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 744
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 742
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 743
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 741

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Nice original weapons
Looks like you may have some nice figures
First is Hoth Rebel Trooper
Then a Han Solo Hoth

Will do it one figure at a time I think, it seems to manage these photos okay will start with Hoth Han

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 739
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 735
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 737
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 743
Stormtrooper Luke

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 735
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 736
Some more figures, starting with denga for any comments before I see if anyone could suggest values for them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 721
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 715
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom