Vehicle Electronics Repair

gustie

Sith Lord
got a snowspeeder here, a falcon and also an imperial transport thingy

is it C size batteries???

ive tried to work them with C size and nothing happens :(

anyone resurrected any of these from the dead?

i need a guide if possible on all 3 :)

cheers

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Try a brand new fresh battery and repeated pressing of the button to free up the motor. If that doesn't work its a case of opening them up to free the motor which has stuck from lack of use. A quick spin of the gear end of the motor and a bit of carbon from a pencil on the shaft (to lubricate) should see to it.

gustie

Sith Lord
cheers

2 speeders work now

had them in bits and found an imperial blaster lodged inside :)

one was loose where the motor was and didnt connect and the other ones battery terminals were bent out of shape.

im on the imperial transport now.... its a frikkin nightmare!!

i cant get the motor out properly as there is an elastic band that seems to go from the motor to the "record player" which is all encased

has anyone ever managed to fix one of these?!?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
You should see a small keyhole on one side of the record player case where you can get a bent paperclip in and unhook the band from the motor. Its fiddly but it can be done and rehooked the same way.

gustie

Sith Lord
managed to fix it :)

the bottom shell had a bit to hang the rubber band on the poke summat thro the hole to get it on the spindle

BTW... it runs VERY slow lol can these little motors be sprayed with WD40 or GT-85 to get them freed up to spin faster?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
It might get quicker as it frees up...but...there is also a switch in the rear compartment which slows down the speech (don't know why they bothered with that) try that first.

I wouldn't use WD40 or similar in case it affects the rubber band or stains the plastic. I just rub pencil carbon on the motor shaft as a dry lubricant which works nicely.

han duo

Sith Lord
get some wire wool ....and scrub the conectors, use brand new batterys open it up and give the motor a kick start with your finger...works everytime!! :D 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Nice illustrated guide to fixing the imperial transport here:-

http://homepage.mac.com/deanpaulrussell/starwars/PhotoAlbum29.html

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Not sure but the tie fighter is pretty easy to do. Just remove the four screws from the bottom of the cockpit and the four screws from the bottom of each of the two wing arms. The upper and lower half of the body will then separate with some gentle effort (don't pull too hard in case something catches).

The springs and wing release levers will often fall out but if you pull the halves apart slowly they should stay in place and its easy to see how these go back together when reassembling. you should then be able to access the motor easily. It usually just wants a few spins on the gear whilst the button is pushed to get it running like new :D

I have a spare DV Tie body somewhere so could do a few pics if time allows.

gustie

Sith Lord
jaymassive619 said:
Im wounded one of the peices of plastic that goes in the wing with the two clips where the spring goes inside has snapped :oops:

can u glue it?

and also... this pencil carbon method.. how do you get it to go inside the motor??

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I might have a spare wing clip if thats what is broken.

With the graphite you just have to get some in the general area and hope it gets drawn in. You can buy powdered graphite in a little bottle, great for squeaky fan belts on land rovers :mrgreen:

gustie

Sith Lord
right...

falcon next

where is the motor situated? do i need to crack the whole of the bottom off to get to it?

im hoping not to damage the cardboard wall inside the falcon as its in good nick

han duo

Sith Lord
jaymassive619 said:
Hi can anyone help?

i have a darthvader tie fighter the light works but the sound does not any ideas about how i should go about trying to fix it?

cheers jay :D

see above as the motors are all the same.......(unless its a imperial transport) 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom