Help with Bobba Fett - turquoise backpack

Geekymonkey

Padawan
Hi all,

I have come across this fett - now I am a newbie so apologies if I have missed the blindingly obvious but I have not seen one like this - is it just a HK coo bog standard ? Or a variant of sorts .... It has weird melted bits around the left leg and the rocket pack is really turquoise and not a shade of blue. Help please !!???

Hope the pics are good enough to show what I am asking .....

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,481
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,482

Geekymonkey

Padawan
Not a touch up for that I am pretty sure...unless people are spraying them with a very similar mask the paint under UV Is consistent in appearance no 'heavy ' areas

Geekymonkey

Padawan
I did find this pic of a variant that is close -

http://www.pomse2001.dk/Vintage/Star%20Wars/Vintage%20Boba%20Fett/Boba%20Fett%20220.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,444

Geekymonkey

Padawan
Appreciate the kindly and polite response, yes of course the one above has, in parts been redone - hence the black on the backpack - but the blue / turquoise is very similar to the one in my original post - as for the singular pic it was taken from a respected variant collectors site as a comparison of the backpack blue only - certainly my visual capacity is fine. Your comment was not helpful. But thanks for your time.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Yours looks like a paint over, from what I can see in places there are some chips which reveal the true blue underneath

Pantzman

Padawan
I dont think its been touched up myself. Ive got all sorts of shades of blue and green - mostly batch differences or colour fades. I'll have a look through mine and see if I have anything close.

poncho

Grand Master
Pantzman said:
I dont think its been touched up myself. Ive got all sorts of shades of blue and green - mostly batch differences or colour fades. I'll have a look through mine and see if I have anything close.
cheers for chiming in mark :)

Geekymonkey

Padawan
Cheers fellas... Any help is appreciated....
The world of variants is a minefield of interesting changes and differences for a new collector holding into his childhood - pic below is me aged 4 ! (Not much has changed except onset of baldness)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,414

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No idea about the Fett, but great photo. What's with Vader and Han doing push ups!? :lol:

Geekymonkey

Padawan
Ha ha I remember the Vader and Han would never stand up on the little foot stool....

If fact I thing I still have that foot stool as I saved it when my grandparents died...maybe a scene recreation is in order ? It will depend on how pissed I get at the weekend :?

Geekymonkey

Padawan
I just noticed the DSD, CCP AND Mr Numb are all doing the same on the floor, albeit hidden by the retro carpet ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom