Header image

A Trip Down Memory Lane - UK Shop Stickers (please don't post here)

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

A Trip Down Memory Lane - UK Shop Stickers (please don't post here)

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 pm

I'm sure as most of you know I've always liked a nice price sticker on my MOCs and boxes, primarily focusing on the range of items sold by US based retailer KayBee.
Well after finding a few interesting UK price stickers I thought it was high time I showed our little island some love.
I'm hoping to get pictures of as many different UK stickers as possible and tie this in with some research on the shops, where were they, are they still there, what are they now etc
I'd like to keep this thread pretty well organised so would really appreciate it if you didn't post in it. If you have a photo you'd like me to use and research or have memories to share about your local retailers back in the day please add them to this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34071

Thanks

Carl

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane - UK Shop Stickers (please don't post here)

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 pm

First up is this from the Bournemouth Toy Centre, which confusingly was actually in Poole.
It became the Poole Toy Centre in the early to mid nineties before closing down.
It was located in the Arndale Centre which is now known as the Dolphin Centre.
IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:02 pm

This next one is from a village in South Wales called Treherbert, the shop being J.G. Haddock.
That's as far as I've got with this one and the tinterweb is yet to reveal all, one thing I might try is the phone number on the sticker, clutching at straws but you never know.

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Just to keep this topical here is a price sticker from a shop in Luton Arndale Centre (I know, must be a popular name for shopping centres right!?)

And the big reveal...

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Just discovered Arndale Centres were the site operators/owners for a number of USA style malls
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arndale_Centre

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”