Header image

A Trip Down Memory Lane - photo donation and discussion thread

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

A Trip Down Memory Lane - photo donation and discussion thread

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 pm

This thread is for you to add your own photos of UK price stickers and share any memories you may have of the shops that your childhood goodies came from, I can then integrate that into the main reference thread and also try and do a bit of research into the shop and what happened to it.

Thanks and hope you enjoy it

Carl

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane - photo donation and discussion thread

Postby Dorsetmark » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 am

I remember "Bournemouth Toy Centre" very well, spent many hours there looking at Star Wars.
One of the only places I ever saw a Tydirian Shuttle.
I need to check what it is now as became Toy Master then closed (it's a Sprinkles) :(
We also had a big Tesco, WH Smith's and a old toy shop called Setchfields that carried a lot of stock right up to 1992 ( 3 figures for £1 ) :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Idpullthecurtain
New User
New User

Postby Idpullthecurtain » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:52 am

Great thread. I was looking for this sort of info. Does anyone know of somewhere that has some nice price sticker info. I have been trying to find some old Toymaster price stickers.

I think I got my figures from Toymaster (Toycenter?) and maybe also from Woolworths?

kieatky
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kieatky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Here's a 'Toy + Hobby' sticker that's on an AT AT I recently purchased, to be honest it's the main reason I went for the walker. I believe 'Toy + Hobby' only had a few branches in the north west, with my local being in my home town of Wigan. I remember paying 2p bus fare and spending an entire Saturday afternoon in the store :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kieatky
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kieatky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 pm

A couple more I've just found, I've just realised this is an old thread but still may be of interest to others.

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Love the 'Conways Arts and Crafts' sticker on Leia Poncho! That's in Keighley, West Yorkshire and is one of my childhood shops :D It actually still exists as a toy shop today.

Idpullthecurtain
New User
New User

Postby Idpullthecurtain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks these photos are amazing. I have been recreating some faux old 80's price stickers. I love the old store logos like Woolworths and WHSmiths. Great memories.

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”