USA Kenner Debut MOC Guide

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So here's my guide for all 96 Kenner Star Wars action figures. I will not include variations, (I don't no either!) this is just meant to be a basic reference guide to which card each caracter figure first appeared on in the USA. This is by no means a guide from my own knowledge, more of a gathering of information from what I have found and other members have corrected from my original post.

Star Wars logo
12 Back-A

Description of all 12 figures with artists impressions, instructions how to use the telescoping lightsaber show the saber tip hardly pulled out on the top image. Also action figure stand offer is displayed at $2 on the right hand side of the card. On the 12 Back-B and C the $2 is on the left. Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Landspeeder pictured.
1)Luke Skywalker
2)Darth Vader
3)C-3PO
4)R2-D2
5)Stormtrooper
6)Death Squad Commander
7)Sandpeople
8)Princess Leia Organa
9)Ben Kenobi
10)Chewbacca
11)Han Solo
12)Jawa
image.jpg

20 Back-B
The eight new figures are pictured above the first twelve. Action figure case, Droid Factory, Creature Cantina, Land of the Jawa's and Dewback pictured. This card Back is virtually identical to the 20 a back, the best way to tell a 20 a from a 20 b is that Luke Skywalker is stood to the left of the picture for the Creature Cantina on a 20 back b. It's interesting that Kenner released a new card back the 20 Back a, without any of the new figures packaged on that card. Credit to aussiejames for correcting this.
13)Walrus Man
14)Power Droid
15)Greedo
16)Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
17)Snaggletooth (Red)
18)R5-D4
19)Hammerhead
20)Death Star Droid
image.jpg

21 Back-A
Card back shows the first 21 figures, Action Figure Case, Droid Factory, Creature Cantina, Land of the Jawa's and Dewback.
21)Boba Fett

Empire Strikes Back logo
31 Back-A

First 31 figures appear on reverse, along with pictures of Snowspeeder, Imperial Transport and Millennium Falcon.
22)Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)*
23)Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)*
24)Han Solo (Hoth Battle Gear)
25)IG-88
26)Hoth Stormtrooper
27)FX-7
28)Bespin Security Guard (White)
29)Bossk
30)Lando Calrissian*
image.jpg

*Although known examples have been recorded on the AFA population report, they are extremely rare on the 31A and most collectors regard 31B as the realistically attainable debut MOC.

31 Back-B
Same as 31A but the toys pictured are Hoth Playset, Star Destroyer and Vader Case.
31)Hoth Rebel Soldier
image.jpg

32 Back-B
The same as a 31 Back b with Yoda pictured to the upper left corner. Slightly different play sets, Hoth Playset, Star Destroyer and Darth Vader Case.
32)Yoda

41 Back-A
Front of the card has the survival kit offer and the back shows all 41 figures with the action figure survival kit offer at the bottom of the card.
33)Dengar
34)At-AT Driver
35)Imperial Commander
36)Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
37)Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit)
38)Lobot
39)2-1B
40)Ugnaught
41)Rebel Commander
5_ESB_41_A_back_zps7pqfqjb1.jpg

45 Back
Display arena offer on the front of card. The back also has display arena offer at the bottom of the card. All 45 figures are pictured on a yellow background. Note there is only one version of the 45 Back and there is at least one known example of 4-Lom packaged on this card.
42)AT-AT Commander
43)C-3PO (With Removable Limbs)
44)Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
45)R2-D2 (Pop Up Sensorscope)
46)Cloud Car Pilot
47)Bespin Security Guard (Black)
image.jpg

47 Back
Free 4-Lom offer on front of card. Note there is only one version of the 47 Back. Tie Fighter Pilot and Zuckuss are the new editions to the reverse. Also worth mentioning there are hardly any known examples of Zuckuss on this card, the 48 Back-A many collectors except as the realistically attainable example.
48)Tie Fighter Pilot
49)Zuckuss
image.jpg

48 Back-A
The back of the card shows 48 figures and pictures of AT-ST, Tauntaun, Wampa, five mini rigs and Rebel Transport. There is a known example of 4-Lom on a 47 back card. It really is a grey area of which card back 4-Loms debut card is!! Any help appreciated on this. 🙃
50)4-Lom

Return Of The Jedi logo
65 Back-A

Logray and Chief Chirpa are blacked out. The back also shows pictures of Bandoleer Strap, Y-Wing and C-3PO Case.
51)Admiral Ackbar
52)Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
53)Bib Fortuna
54)Biker Scout
55)Chief Chirpa
56)Klaatu
57)Logray
58)Weequay
59)Squid Head
60)Ree-Yees
61)Rebel Commando
62)Nien Nunb
63)General Madine
64)Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise
65)Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
66)Emperors Royal Guard
67)Gamorrean Guard
image.jpg

77 Back-A
Reverse of card shows 77 figures and pictures of Rebo Band, Ewok Glider, Ewok Catapult and Rancor.
68)B-Wing Pilot
69)8D8
70)AT-ST Driver
71)Nikto
72)Prune Face
73)Rancor Keeper
74)Teebo
75)Wicket
76)Han Solo (Trench Coat)
77)Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho)
78)The Emperor
79)Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)
image.jpg

79 Back-C
Anakin offer on the front and printed Anakin offer on the reverse of card.
80)Paploo
81)Lumat
image.jpg

Power Of The Force Logo
92 Back

Note R2-D2 has a pop up lightsaber and Yak Face does not appear on the back.
82)Luke Skywalker (Battle Poncho)
83)Anakin Skywalker
84)Romba
85)Barada
86)EV-9D9
87)Lando Calrissian (General)
88)Warok
89)R2-D2 (Pop Up Lightsaber)
90)Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
91)Amanaman
92)A-Wing Pilot
93)Imperial Dignitary
94)Imperial Gunner
95)Han Solo In Carbonite
96)Yak Face
image.jpg

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks mate, great info 8) is there a guide about all figures which cards they were sold on all over the world ? :?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate, great info 8) is there a guide about all figures which cards they were sold on all over the world ? :?

Cheers Lars, now that would be some guide, a Palitoy one on here would be good. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:

Cheers Lars, now that would be some guide, a Palitoy one on here would be good. :)

I am not sure, but I think jason did a palitoy guide :D

But yes it would be cool to see such a guide and for me also to know which cardbacks that I am missing for each character :D Do you know about a kenner guide ? It could be cool for me to start with the cheaper kenner cards so I could see what I am missing of them :D

I am also sure about Joe did a Tri-logo cardback guide :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've been waiting to be corrected on something. :lol: I will have a look tonight and correct it accordingly, It's actually not easy to find a guide which specifies exactly which versions they were released on.

Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
aussiejames said:
Figures 13-20 debut on 20B

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even bother checking them just assumed they were 20 A. :?

Ok I've corrected accordingly, the only 31 Back A I can't find an example of is Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Thanks again, Adam.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm going to add photos to this guide, I don't have all the card backs though so if anyone can help would be great. I'm definitely missing 20B 21A and 32B. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Adam.

Thanks very much to Andy (Spoons) for providing 41-A and 48-A photo's.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I'm going to add photos to this guide, I don't have all the card backs though so if anyone can help would be great. I'm definitely missing 20-B, 31-B, 32-B, 41-A and 48-A. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Adam.

I just saw the updates, wow great work, thanks mate :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks chaps. If anyone has a any new info on this subject please let me know and I will always look to update the contents.

Thanks again, Adam.

spoons

Grand Master
Very useful Adam, and for a quick snapshot into my life instead of counting sheep when I cant sleep I list figures on their debut cards, so know these lists well :lol:

Here are some card backs for you

41A

5_ESB_41_A_back_zps7pqfqjb1.jpg

48A

3_ESB_48_A_2_zps7hcrb8td.jpg

Han Hoth isn't on the others so cant help there

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Very useful Adam, and for a quick snapshot into my life instead of counting sheep when I cant sleep I list figures on their debut cards, so know these lists well :lol:

Here are some card backs for you.

Thanks Andy that's very good of you, have placed in line. :)

I should have known you would have the Han Hoth samples, have you tried counting Han Hoths to get to sleep? :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
spoons said:

Here are some card backs for you.

Thanks Andy that's very good of you, have placed in line. :)

I should have known you would have the Han Hoth samples, have you tried counting Han Hoths to get to sleep? :lol:

No problem, and yes... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom