Euro-b

ESB-a.jpg

ESB-a

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ROTJ-a.jpg

ROTJ-a

ROTJ-h.jpg

ROTJ-h Photo Courtesy of Laurence Dyer & from the famous palitoy C-3P0 case find, only know example know to date, assumed to be a baggie type never intended for onward retail sale by kenner & this one along with 2 other examples ( of different figures ) was found to have come from the palitoy staff shop, again assumed to be intended for opening & carding, a bit of a little miracle that these ever survived

Unknowns.jpg

Possible ESB-h or Euro baggie - UNCONFIRMED I got this one a long time ago & the "bleed off" from the seal is missing, the bag is soft feel like Euro/Meccano type baggies, but I have no more to go on than this, I am unsure as to its authenticity, but both seals are mint & look correct & the figure is mint, shame I can not see the inside of the cape or the coo - take this one with a pinch of salt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Frunkstar on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: The "New" Comprehensive Guide to Baggies (reference) please do not post

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:20 am

Biker Scout

Palitoy-u.jpg

Palitoy-u (confirmed) PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

palitoy-v.jpg

Palitoy-v

Euro-j Meccano.jpg

Euro-j - Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

ESB-d_zps7eb8faa8.jpg

ESB-d

ROTJ-a.jpg

ROTJ-a

ROTJ-h.jpg

ROTJ-h
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:28 am

Boba Fett :P - PART 1

Palitoy-b.jpg

Palitoy-b Crisp bag

Palitoy-o.jpg

Palitoy-o - Nearly always mistaken for a kenner issued SW-d, please see this thread for details - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13576

palitoy-a tri logo.jpg

Palitoy-a Tri Logo fett with Blue not blue/black blaster & to date the only known example of a tri-logo palitoy fett in a Palitoy baggie WARNING - theare are a great many more in circulation which are part of the ongoing fakes investigations, 2 of which have been instaped by both AFA & CAS grading companies, both companies agreed they were fake & had paint touch ups, the above shown example is the only legitimate example know & came to me direct from Del many years ago.

Palitoy-h.jpg

Palitoy-h - soft heat sealed, this one came to me directly from an ex palitoy worker in my first ever lot of baggies =)

Meccano 2.jpg

Euro-f

SW-b.jpg

SW-b, note this is the correct font for a SW-b Kenner issued Fett baggie, not the same as the one shown in the group shot on the SWCA Baggis guide, which IMO is a SW-f baggie which was recently revised after being considered to be a Palitoy-k, though that was more down the the faked font baggies - confused yet?

SW-d.jpg

SW-d ( small font )

SW-d large logo.jpg

SW-d ( large font )

ESB-a first issue.jpg

ESB-a ( 1st issue )

ESB-a 2nd issue.jpg

ESB-a ( 2nd issue ) - I still have my doubts about a great many of these 2nd issue thick font ESB'a baggies,knowing full well a great many came from 1 seller ( no prizes for guessing where )

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 am

Boba Fett :P - PART 2

ESB-b.jpg

ESB-b - Exclusive to the Special offer Darth Vader carry case (Bounty hunter Edition)

ROTJ-j.jpg

A better image should be coming soon with more font on it

( SUSPECTED ) ROTJ-j one I almost sold a while back as I thought it was a SW-b, but when Scott (snaggletooth) popped in on me he noticed the font is actually a different type to the SW-b, which is really hard to make out as a lot of the print has worn off, but on super close inspection it indeed LOOKS TOBE AN EXACT MATCH FOR THE a ROTJ-j type (now 27/1/17 in question), which until now has never been documented before from my understanding, the heat seals are correct for the ROTJ-j baggie, it has since been sent in for grading & authentication & Steve agreed the heat seals are correct & it is indeed a genuine ROTJ-j, so a very exciting find & one I almost let slip through my fingers, big up to Scott for saving my bacon & my fett baggie.

Further work is ongoing on this & a few other examples, as I feel we may well be looking at another new baggie classification ( MAYBE ) needed, further work is ongoing regarding this one guys REASONING - this was issued in a SW era mailer & the ROYJ baggie was not thought to be available till the ROYJ era, it is a confirmed 100% authentic baggie as multiple examples have been found in kenner issued fett mailers, but speculation rages on as to why this has never been picked up on before now & why the grade companies have been casing these as SW-b ( headache init ) :lol:

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 am

Bossk

Palitoy-b.jpg

Palitoy-b PHOTO COURTESY of Marc Carraway

Sw-a.jpg

SW-a - Small font - Normally assosiated with the Bossk single figure mailer but was also ( rare as hell ) in the ESB 12 figure toy fair sample/mock up stand, though the later examples of the stand ( salesman samples ) came with ESB-c baggies - just to confuse the issue

ESB-a.jpg

ESB-a ( 1st issue )

ESB-b.jpg

ESB-b - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES New better quality image PENDING

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c Which has been found in multi packs like the destroyer 4 pack but has also turned up in ( sealed ) single figure mailers,though much rarer than it's SW-a counterpart for single mailers

Kenner Internal gary B.jpg

Kenner Internal PHOTO COURTESY OF Gary Borbidge

There is speculation that Bossk maybe available in the ESB-d baggie, but it is something I have not been able to confirm 100%, I have seen an example but not in hand to confirm the seals, see below photo -

ESB-d.jpg

I have NEVER see this baggie come in a MP or a mailer, could be something from the staff shop ETC,but MUST be regarded as a baggie that is in question without some solid provenance proof

** There is also a Palitoy example know, think it's palitoy-a or b from memory, I will get an image added soon as available **
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm

C-3p0 ( Fixed limb first issue ) PART 1 dedicated to Vince

SW-a.jpg

SW-a - Small font - regard this as a super tough one to come by as it was only ever found in the special offer Landspeeder

SW-b.jpg

SW-b

SW-d.jpg

SW-d (Large font )

SW-f.jpg

SW-f - previously incorrectly classed as Palitoy-k & often seen graded as SW-b also incorrectly

ESB-a 2.jpg

ESB-a ( 1st issue )

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-h.jpg

ESB-h

Kenner Internal Gary B.jpg

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm

C-3p0 ( Fixed limb first issue ) PART 2

Just in case the space in needed for future finds with the 10 image post limit

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Chewbacca

Palitoy-a Laurence.jpg

Palitoy-a - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

Euro-a.jpg

Euro-a

SW-a no text.jpg

Sw-a ( no text ) found in Early Bird sets

SW-b.jpg

SW-b

SW-d.jpg

SW-d ( Large Font )

SW-f.jpg

SW-f

IMGP1585.jpg

ESB-a

ESB-d.jpg

ESB-d

ESB-h.jpg

ESB-h

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Chief Chirpa

Palitoy-a.jpg

Palitoy-a

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-f.jpg

ESB-f

ROTJ-e.jpg

ROTJ-e

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Cloud Car Pilot ( CCP )

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-d.jpg

ESB-d

Kenner Internal.jpg

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Darth Vader Part 1Dedicated to Patrick

Palitoy no text.jpg

Suspected Palitoy-f – No Text – Soft - Sorry I do not have a better photo of this as its the only one I have & its sealed in a woolies 8 pack - If anyone does have a photo available of one it would be appreciated, as this may well actually be the same as the clipper mail away baggie, if so this would indicate Palitoy supplied Clipper for the offer, note that this one has no weapon within the baggie.

Palitoy-k.jpg

Palitoy-k

Palitoy-m Niels Pit.jpg

Palitoy-m PHOTO COURTESTY OF NIELS PIT 1 of 2 known examples to date ( 1/12/17)

Clipper Macau.jpg

Euro-c – Made in Macau Black Vertical Text/font (Clipper Mailer) 1 of 2 baggies styles found in the clipper mailer, this is the more common

500 case.jpg

500 figure shipping case (internal factory overstock)

SW-a.jpg

SW-a - Small font

SW-d.jpg

SW-d - Large font

ESB-a.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c - ESB Red 6 pack etc

ESB-e.jpg

ESB-e now confirmed to have come in the 2nd issue darth vader special offer collectors case (but not always)

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 am

Darth Vader Part 2

ESB-f.jpg

ESB-f

ESB-h.jpg

ESB-h

ESB-h extra wide.jpg

ESB-i ( es ESB-h extra wide )

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am

Death Squad Commander not the sissy Death Star Commander - that was Tarkin :P

SW-b.jpg

SW-b

SW-d.jpg

SW-d - Small font

ESB-a.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-g Large logo.jpg

ESB-g( Large Font )

Kenner internal Gary B.jpg

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:29 am

Death Star Droid

Palitoy-k Laurence.jpg

Palitoy-k PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer ( 3p0 case find )

Palitoy-m.jpg

Palitoy-m, to date the world's only confirmed example of this one - ( direct from an ex palitoy worker )

Palitoy-n Del.jpg

Palitoy-n PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

Palitoy-r.jpg

Palitoy-r PHOTO COURTESY OF MARC CARAWAY

SW-b.jpg

SW-d - Small font

ESB-a.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c (popy)

Kenner Internal Gary B.jpg

Kenner Internal PHOTO COURTESY OF Gary Borbidge Sadly the bag was open, but it came with the rest of the Kenner internal baggies, so presumed correct & legitimate

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:35 am

Dengar

Palitoy-a.jpg

Palitoy-a

Palitoy-b Scotts.jpg

Palitoy-b PHOTO COURTESY OF SCOTT ( SNAGGLETOOTH )

Palitoy-j.jpg

Palitoy-j - Dengar Mailer ( Palitoy )

Euro-c Dark Armour Meccanon PBP.jpg

Euro-c Dark Armor / pale face PBP type figure - Meccano red sticker ( free figure offer )

Euro-e-A.jpg

Euro-e/A

ESB-c.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-d.jpg

ESB-d

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”