Repro Weapons Help

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i think the hardest thing to spot is the capes ,i have just worked the zip meathod out ,but i had to have a repro cape and an origanal that i knew was 100% together to relise

then again i have had weapons that i thought were ok till i double checked

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I agree capes are difficult, although when you have so many Leia figures like I have it does make it a lot easier to spot a repro !! :wink:

I still have problems with the standard sabers for Luke, Ben and Vader. :oops:

craignwo4life said:
I believe that is the only site regarding repro weapons !! :lol:

Goddamit, I was hoping for a link to one that showed capes! There's guidance out there for those of us looking for VC Jawas, but not a lot else.

With the original sabres, all you can go on is the "scratch test" and the feel of the plastic.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
with the capes does it matter which side makes the zip asa my darth and lando are outside but bens is inside
As far as I can remember it doesn't matter as I suppose it depends how it was put on the figure during production.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
jabbawokkie said:
with the capes does it matter which side makes the zip asa my darth and lando are outside but bens is inside
As far as I can remember it doesn't matter as I suppose it depends how it was put on the figure during production.
thats what i thought .plus someone could have put it on back to front

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Kneon Light said:
jabbawokkie said:
when you run your nail down it makes a zip noise on one side(this is what i got told)

Does this work with ALL capes? Would it work with Hoth Trooper Skirts?

i have a hoth trooper and the skirt does it ,but you can actualy see the texture on one side of the cape where with my ben ,lando,s and darths both sides look the same .its only when i run my nail i get a zip sound of one side
does any one know if your meant to see the texture on the hoth skirts,i think its a repro anyway as it just doesnt look,feel 30 years old

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
at first glance i would say thats a repro cape
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-starwars-VINTAGE-FIGURE-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ300065362050QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its longer then the sole of her feet ,how,s she meant to stand up

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i have 2 luke x wing blasters where the dot is sunk in ...but ,but they look to new and round the sights doesnt look like my others that i know are 100%origanal,is there a repro with the dot sunk in

spoons

Grand Master
Jabba there's a good chance they're real, especially if they are dark blue. The later weapons started looking very good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom