Vehicle restoration project!

poncho

Grand Master
having bought a beaten up x-wing i decided to repair it and make it disaplayble needless to say its not going well, I stood on it my accident and snapped the wings :cry: . first step its off to homebase for superglue lol.

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
that must have sucked

had i ones with a restord board

i was hanging them and the ones that had to waith theire turn , no iam all in the zone but

accedently kinda loose my balance and , had no other choice then to put my foot where i could

on the nose of a restored board , and the bondo part crackerd clean of :( :( :(

goodluck with glueing them back tho

poncho

Grand Master
glued back on last week! it took me ages to unscrew it. there was a secret screw underneath the landing gear! :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
ponchobelt said:
having bought a beaten up x-wing i decided to repair it and make it disaplayble needless to say its not going well, I stood on it my accident and snapped the wings :cry: . first step its off to homebase for superglue lol.

Good effort! :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
ive just won my second cannon on ebay! so 2 more cannons togo. i have set my self of getting all four cannons for less than 8 quid exc postage. it makes the project last longer :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
3rd and 4th guns are on the way in the post. now too clean the body and make it white not grubby and put new decals on.

poncho

Grand Master
still havent assembled it! i since bought a beaten slave 1 and now after 3 months ive found all the parts on ebay! so 2 ships to clean and assemble and display now!

Boba 71

Padawan
I have an X-Wing in bits at this time. It was my first one I had in 1979. The problem is the black marker pen I used on it for "more" battle damage. I have l even left it in bleach for two days but the marks are still there. What I want to do is paint it and then put some funky green or blue decals on it. Anybody got any ideas on how to paint it, spray or brush? Also what colour for the fighter it's self?

gamorreangarden

Youngling
Spray your base colour. Use a professional sprayer. Then brush the detail. For stripes or squared paint, find a straightedge of some kind to keep it straight. Great thing about spraying the base is if you make a mistake, just spray over it. So if you're painting the body green with blue stripes, spray the whole fighter green, then brush blue stripes, or squares on the wings, etc. For battle damage, sponges can be useful, then articulating blast points with a brush.

poncho

Grand Master
finally managed to play about with it and i cant put the damn thing back togther! anyone put a xwing back together? its the palitoy none electronic version. i cant get the wings back onto the body! it wont fit its pissing me off!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom