Kenner 12 Back Luke Skywalker with White Footer

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey Guys, Im trying to find out any info I can on this one. Anyone seen one before? How rare is it? What's the reason for the white footer? Any ideas on price?

I have seen a graded Leia 12 Back with white footer but never a Luke. The leia is currently listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160606699807+&clk_rvr_id=242135055260

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Chris. 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've definitely seen Leia, Ben and Vader before. I believe they were sales samples available shortly before the full releases to help salesmen sell them to shops. I would check to see if it has a DT sabre!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Yeah I believe youre right Edd. Early production pieces before they made footers to match the colour of the card. I will get my friend to check the sabre but I would like to think he has checked that already.... I hope. :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
I was looking at that sabre thinking the tip looked long - probably just the photo though

e30318is

Sith Lord
Wow that saber does look long..... that would be a hell of a find Chris.

Never seen the white footer for Luke- fingers crossed buddy

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
My friend has already checked and he doesnt believe it a DT sabre. Still a very nice carded Luke nonetheless. Thanks for the thoughts guys. :wink:

Oto

Padawan
Is that camera shake, or does the clothing of his inner thigh and left sleeve show ghosting?
Is that a known print variation?

itfciain

Grand Master
I tell you what Chris, that looks like a great card - I think I would be snapping that up for the right price

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey OTO Ill ask him and get back to you. :wink:

Iain - It is a lovely one for sure. I have asked him and he doesnt feel like parting with it right now unfortunately.

itfciain

Grand Master
Lol - thats a shame for you

Still it is great to see - does he have any history with the card - where it came from etc ?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I will ask him. All I know for sure is that it came from the US and he paid the same amount as for a normal 12 back Luke. :wink:

Vaders_Child

Padawan
Thats saber has the early DT hilt mould, is he sure it is not a DT?
If not it will be an imediate release after DT, the white footer is superb and would be a high grade addition for any Luke focus collector.
Is this a pre SKU footer example?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Can't say for sure darren. It is definitely a very early one. Probably before sku footers I would day yes. I'll ask him tonight about Provenance but he may or may not want to share that.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Hey Chris, thought id post this picture of a dt Luke (left) standard Luke (right)

photo-35.jpg

The moc doesn't appear to have the break where it the plastic is injected- visible about 10 mm up on the outer sabre on the dt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom