REPRO STICKER??? IT IS!!! UPDATED

skywalker73

Jedi Knight
Hi guys,can anyone tell me if this is a repro sticker(one on the right).cheers Lee
P1010011.jpg

skywalker73

Jedi Knight
Hi guys,I posted this up a couple of months ago as I was unsure :? if this was a reprodution sticker.As you can see that we thought it be original.turns out it is a repro sticker. :evil: I sent him in to ukg to be graded and steve got back to me with edited pics of what to look for in these repros.Just thought I would post this up again so we would know what to look for
P1010011-1.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Shitting hell - I honestly though it looked good - sorry about that mate

Normally the repro stickers for these things are pretty obvious. It just goes to show what sort of **** is out there now

skywalker73

Jedi Knight
No problem guys,I thought the thing was legit,it just looked too white,thats what worried me.Been having a chat with Steve at UKG and he says these are getting harder to spot.Apart from the size difference(as pointed out in the pics)the texture is a lot more smoother.Its more noticable on the back!!!
100_4292.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Did Steve give you any information on the origin of these stickers at all? It does look incredibly good to be reproduction (although these days it seems exact replicas are now possible)

It would be cool for the rest of us to know where these repros are coming from, cross reference them against existing variants etc so all information would be really helpful as that one just looks perfect to me!

ukgraders

Padawan
Just thought I would comment to help you out with these are currently for sale on ebay and are extremely good here are some to cross reference
Also I have edited the picture to another big giveaway with this repro version sticker.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/R2-D2-Loose-Complete-C9-Repro-Sticker-NM-Star-Wars-/110784064767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb3eacff
http://www.ebay.com/itm/R2-D2-Replacement-STICKER-Perfect-/110285365161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ad851fa9
100_4290.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Bluesnagman - I am sure he has been flagged up before as a well known scammer

I makes me so angry that they are only doing this for profit yet can ruin the hobby for all of us

Attachments

• hulk.jpg
    hulk.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,223

skywalker73

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
Bluesnagman - I am sure he has been flagged up before as a well known scammer

I makes me so angry that they are only doing this for profit yet can ruin the hobby for all of us

Yea mate ,I'm with you there.Its f**kin up the hobby :evil:

Joe

Grand Master
Well that sucks balls, thanks for the info Steve. I think bluesnagman has an account on here actually - maybe he would like to come and apologise for his "craftsmanship"....

Oh wait he only turns up to post each time he wants postcards from around the world for his kids projects at school or donations..

Joe

Grand Master
Oh and skywalker - sorry mate for the false hope when you first posted :(

itfciain

Grand Master
Well Joe - I think with you new powers that a ban is definitely in order

These should also be reported to ebay

Joe

Grand Master
I will send bluesnagman a PM and get him to reply to the thread..skywalker I take it you bought this from ebay advertised as original?

Can you give us the ebay users ID?

skywalker73

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Oh and skywalker - sorry mate for the false hope when you first posted :(

No problem mate :D , I thought he was ok too,just thought he looked a bit too white.I bought him off a guy about a year ago who was selling up,described as off a damaged card.When I got him I thougt he was really minty.Bought a load of figures of the same seller and they were all fine(no repros). I think I just got caught out with this one and to be fair the seller might of aswell :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom