Roll Up/Roll Call 3 - Convention 10-11th March, Southampton

Christian

Jedi Master
Hello Everyone,

Not sure that this is correct part of the forum to post this but:

Roll Out/Roll Call 3 - March 10th and 11th in Southampton - not strictly Star Wars but I'm sure will be a good craic! Being put together again by our friend David Tree @ Allthecoolstuff

http://www.allthecoolstuff.co.uk/ROLL-OUT-ROLL-CALL-Transformers--GI-Joe-2012-UK-Convention__c-p-0-0-182.aspx

GW Acrylic will have a stand - come down and pick up a few cases!

Cheers,
Christian

Josh

Sith Lord
Pics please if you get a chance ,mate.
Hope it's a great day for everyone involved. 8)

ODB

Jedi Master
It should be a good day out, if you are there I will deffo have to take a look at your cases as I have been meaning to order some.

browny

Jedi Master
I am going to be popping down on the saturday....

Is there much in the way of 80's toys to purchase or is it all mainly modern ****? (that goes for all modern toys)

Cheers

browny

Jedi Master
What stall are you on Dom?I shall introduce myself mate....

Have you been before and if so any good???

Any of the other member on here going down,be good to meet a few of us????

Cheers

Christian

Jedi Master
browny said:
I am going to be popping down on the saturday....

Is there much in the way of 80's toys to purchase or is it all mainly modern ****? (that goes for all modern toys)

Cheers

Hey Browny,

I'll be bringing down a few boxes of vintage SW and other pieces as well but not sure how much room there'll be on the stand for it plus I don't want to piss off the Action Force & Transformer collectors! Look forward to meeting you - I'll be the big bloke with a grey beard peddling the plastic!

Cheers,
Christian

Christian

Jedi Master
cantina_patron said:
Hi Christian, will you be attending any other shows/fairs this year?

Hi CP,

Probably but the pressures of a young family and a wife who is utterly uninterested in anything SCI-FI tends to scupper 2-3 whole days at a show. However, my aim is to do another one around Sept/Oct which is primarily focused on Vintage SW. The idea behind being at RU/RC 3, apart from having a some fun, is to introduce the acrylic products to a new market. The MOC cases fit MOC Action Force perfectly and I'm hoping that the loose cases will be a hit as well. On top of that the show should be a great place to hear of some new ideas for potential new products - this project was started and is being driven by collectors so I'd be a fool not to listen to everyone!

Regards,
Christian

cantina_patron

Youngling
Thank's for getting back to me Christian! I hope all goes well for you at RU/RC 3. I'm sure you will get a lot of new fans for your product.

Dom

Jedi Master
browny said:
What stall are you on Dom?I shall introduce myself mate....

Have you been before and if so any good???

Any of the other member on here going down,be good to meet a few of us????

Cheers

I am probably all over mate, will be helping Dave out. Yeah 100% we will have to have a beer. The last 2 have been a really good laugh. I have always bought more than I have sold and the variety of stuff has been really good.

Christian

Jedi Master
Well that was one helluva of a weekend! I'm absolutely knackered after approx 8 hours sleep in 2 days but it was extremely worthwhile meeting some forumites including Richard (ODB) & Dom. The whole show was very well executed by All the Cool Stuff (Dave Tree) and his many helpers. Got some great ideas for new cases and the existing range went down a storm :)

Here's the stand and some bloke:

GWA_Southampton_1.JPG

Here's looking forward to next year for RU/RC 4 - probably at the NEC knowing Dave's ambition.

Cheers,
Christian

Josh

Sith Lord
Only good ewok is a dead ewok, I always say. Eat up. :lol:

*Your display looks great by the way. 8)

David Tree

Jedi Master
Christian said:
GWA_Southampton_1.JPG

Here's looking forward to next year for RU/RC 4 - probably at the NEC knowing Dave's ambition.

Cheers,
Christian

awesome pic Christian, do you mind if we add it to the facebook album?

Here's a round of some more of the photo's following the Roll Out Roll Call Transformers/ GI-Joe show: All The Cool Stuff

The show took place over the Saturday and Sunday at Jurys Inn Hotel in Southampton. We had a great line up of guests, some of whom have never attended a UK show before. The vibe was electric and everyone really enjoyed the weekend giving people the chance to meet, talk and attend presentations of the brands they love:

Transformers Comics Q&A with Andrew Wildman, Simon Furman and John-Paul Bove:
rorc2.jpg

GI-Joe Comics Q&A with Simon Gough, Robert Atkins and Larry Hama:
rorc3.jpg

Robert Atkins & Simon Gough also produced a limited edition print featuring the bad guys from the early UK GI-Joe/ Action Force storyline:
rorc5.jpg

Outside of Hasbro Europe and Paramount UK, there were also exhibits featuring original artwork and also from third party companies showcasing some of their current and forthcoming products:
Mastermind Creations:
rorc7.jpg

rorc6.jpg

Marauder 'Gun Runners':
rorc10.jpg

There were plenty of traders present, offering a range of product from the early 80's releases right up to the latest ranges:
rorc16.jpg

rorc15.jpg

rorc14.jpg

rorc17.jpg

Authors Jim Sorenson, Bill Forster and James Kavanaugh Jr were all present to discuss their book projects too:
Bill Forster and Jim Sorenson with Larry:
rorc12.jpg

James Kavanaugh Jr discusses the R.A.H.C Guide toy reference book:
rorc11.jpg

An important part of any fan event, the attendees themselves often contribute in ways that can only add to enthusiasm at the event.
Larry with a fan made custom Larry Hama action figure:
rorc1.jpg

Custom Action Figure competition entries:
rorc8.jpg

The not-so-serious Cosplay Contest:
rorc9.jpg

Snake-Eyes checks out his prize:
rorc13.jpg

If you would like to see more, there is a large fan photo gallery on Facebook: Roll Out Roll Call 3 10th - 11th March Southampton UK | Facebook

The weekend also managed to raise over £300 for the Make A Wish Foundation. Planning has already begun on the 2013 show, so if anyone has any feedback or would like to make any suggestions don't hesitate to drop us a line at [email protected]

Enjoy,
Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom