The First Virtual Comic Con on RS

shawn_k

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
Looks cool, check out shawn_k's smile, about to make some money are we?? :D

:D The picture was actually from a local find that I picked up on Monday when I got everything. The Virtual Comic Con seemed like the ideal time to sell off some of the stuff. The timing was perfect in that the extra I'm hoping to make will fund a couple LJ items coming next week.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Ah nice, wish I could buy some of them, really love that vader, but spent all my spare cash on some MOCs from here and ebay,
maybe some other time :p
Good luck with the sales mate, hope it goes well :)

e30318is

Sith Lord
It looks very cool! What a great idea!

Shawn I have sent you a pm rearding two items- but I think you just answered my question :lol:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
I think some of the guys have jacked up prices...but that's nothing new.

I hope mine seem fair. :) At least two of the sellers are known for offering top dollar on their items and there is quite a bit of AFA stuff. I'd hoped that we'd have a lot more sellers participate so there'd be a good mix of high end and low end items, but we've got less than an hour now before it goes live. This is the first one though.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Many thanks for posting this one up, I think this is a great idea and managed to make a couple of buys!
Cheers
James

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't get it, how's it any different from normal for sale threads? :?

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I didnt think RS allowed "dealers" to trade on there boards and some of these guys were? I really like the idea I made 5 purchases today and 4 of them weren't even SW related! I cant understand why dealers dont put there entire stock up on threads like the one above you could search every SW dealer from the big to the small all in one place! a trading hub to speak!

shawn_k

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I don't get it, how's it any different from normal for sale threads? :?

I agree Edd. That is pretty much all it is right now. I have a few ideas that I'm going to share with the organizers, after this 1st one is over, that I think might help in giving it more of a con feel. It is really missing that social aspect. I'm also surprised that nothing was posted up on the main rebelscum website. That could have gotten a few people interested that aren't normally in the vintage sections.

Josh

Sith Lord
The difference is you can sell anything toy related in the one thread. Doesn't have to be Star Wars.
Personally i think RS should be like this all the time anyway. ****en stupid you have to post in the CTR classifieds for other toys. Hardly gets any traffic down there. They should just make the top forums for all vintage toys. Or at least have another section up there for them.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Josh said:
The difference is you can sell anything toy related in the one thread. Doesn't have to be Star Wars.
Personally i think RS should be like this all the time anyway. ****en stupid you have to post in the CTR classifieds for other toys. Hardly gets any traffic down there. They should just make the top forums for all vintage toys. Or at least have another section up there for them.

That's a good point. A lot of vintage SW collectors do delve into other toy lines. I do make a point to check the CTR classifieds every now and then, but it isn't as often as I should.

Honestly, if I had more display room I'd be buying up all your aliens stuff. :) I've always thought that was a fun line and still have a couple of items that I bought originally in the early 90's from it.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
shawn_k said:
tiefighterboy said:
I think some of the guys have jacked up prices...but that's nothing new.

I hope mine seem fair. :) At least two of the sellers are known for offering top dollar on their items and there is quite a bit of AFA stuff. I'd hoped that we'd have a lot more sellers participate so there'd be a good mix of high end and low end items, but we've got less than an hour now before it goes live. This is the first one though.

I was not referring to your stuff shawn....but one of the dealers is way over the top.....but I guess he will probably have few sales.

Josh

Sith Lord
Probably my stuff then :lol:

Joint needed some hot chicky babes...so I delivered. :D

Josh

Sith Lord
Got a lot of enquiries. Just nothing set in stone.
15% off the price of anything on my table until closing time if it helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom