Irish star wars show/convention/piss up thing

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Hey i have decided to embrace my inner nerd and buy a disguise and rock up to the irish SWinvaision.

I am sure i will meet dublinjeff and maybe weasel on a trip down mexico way.
But is there any others who might fly over,, banter and craic etc will be great??

http://www.invasion.ie/

Should be good. Com on i am never gonna get to one in the uk and londons a kip. :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I would seriously consider it if it didn't clash.

But Elstree with Kurtz is like Abby Roads with McCartney for a Beatles fan.

Be amazing to meet the king of smooth, billy Dee though. :p

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Looking Forward to it.... :D I luckily picked up one of the first 100 'Early bird' passes for this which gives access on all four days for only €20, which was super value I thought.

Should be good fun, was there in 2010, but this looks a lot more organised, sellers, guests etc. Definitely plan on getting a card back signed by Billy dee... :mrgreen:

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
right i have tickets and i am headin there,, first thing on friday,, gotta get in and out in about 2 hrs,, no time for anything but a whirlwind tour and possibly meet up with irish forum members..

sweet life sized at-st.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Few photos from the 2010 Star Wars convention, 'INVASION' Dublin, cant wait till next week..... :D
JeffsSamsungPhotos035.jpg

JeffsSamsungPhotos045.jpg

JeffsSamsungPhotos052.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Well, Back home from Day 1 of 4 at The 'Invasion Dublin' Star Wars Convention. Much bigger then the 2010 event I was last at. A lot more exhibits and guest speakers. Some more traders aswell but not to much Vintage. There was only one fella doing some, Dermot, well known in Irish Collecting I believe. Picked up a nice MOC from him which I will display in the LA Thread later on. Thanks to Imperial Nut (Steve) for the heads up...(pity about not meeting up, kids and work always getting in the way :roll:) I Also set aside a few loose figures as well, collecting them over the weekend :D

A good few stars there in fairness, Jeremy Bulloch, Mike Edmonds and Billy Dee Williams., Autographs were the usual crazy prices, €30 for Lando... :eek: as you can see there was not much Ewok love being shown for poor old Logray when i was there.... :lol:
003-2.jpg

I thought the Q & A sessions were quite interesting, big laugh for Billy Dee when asked by the host, which was his favorite SW character? to which he replied...'the woman in Return of the Jedi with the six brests.....' :lol: Heres Smooth Billy Dee on the Mic....
006-2.jpg

Best display by far again this year was the AT-ST
002-2.jpg

All in all a good time had, very much geared towards kids and the modern collectors, still good fun and will be heading back over the weekend to pick up the loose figures and one of the convention posters which were fairly cool and should look sweet framed.... :D

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Ehhhhh I know I was there on the quietest day but I must say I wasn't impressed.
Yeah the big replicas were cool but I have seen them all in the photos already . Apart from that not much going on?

Although I did meet up with Dermot o toole who had a stand there and he was the only stand with vintage.
And one of only 4 stands.
But had a great chat.

Hmmmm maybe it needed more people or something.
And the autograph booth things just looked kinda sad. Hmmmm still don't know.

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
In hindsight if we had of had a pack of SWUKFers there it might have been good banter.
But really they need to add more stalls and cosplay and definately shorten it to 2 days as it means there would be more of a buzz about the place.

Still it was ok and here are a few pics i took. its a new camera so i am getting used to the settings.
And most you have already seen from jeff.
Whom i missed by about 20 mins.

Ah well we will meet up for a pint sometime.

IMGA0531.jpg

IMGA0530.jpg

IMGA0528.jpg

IMGA0527.jpg

IMGA0526.jpg

IMGA0525.jpg

IMGA0524.jpg

IMGA0523.jpg

IMGA0522.jpg

IMGA0521.jpg

IMGA0520.jpg

IMGA0519.jpg

IMGA0518.jpg

IMGA0514.jpg

nut

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom