BP Fair Sandown Park

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hi. Anybody going to BP fair at Sandown next Saturday? I went last time and it wasn't too bad. There's a few vintage bits scattered around on stalls that you have to search for but Jim Stevensons stall is always pretty good!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey lee, ill be there on Saturday with my good friend ed. We should meet up if you're going. I'm always there buddy. I quite like Sandown. It's a proper toy fair.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Nice one Chris!
I'm taking my 6 year old this time. Last time there was loads of modern mocs at 3 for £10 so it should be interesting! He's cool though, a proper little Star Wars fan!
I've got Eds mobile number from last time when he asked me to look for a few bits. I'll give you guys a text when I'm around. It'll be good to chat.
Cheers
Lee :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Defo. Lee sounds good mate! Looking forward to it. Im sure your boy will have a great time. There something for everyone at Sandown. Like I said, it's a great toy fair and one of those ones where you literally never know whats going to turn up!

Give us a bell on the day and well make sure we meet you.

Chris. 8)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Only just spotted this one!

I am really looking forward to going to sandown, it's my first one and it will be nice to try something different (only been to mem at the NEC)

Definitely have to meet up Lee! Send me a text when you get there buddy.
Ed

Lee77

Sith Lord
Will do Ed! Looking forward to it! I've been stashing money away from the wife for a few weeks :lol:

e30318is

Sith Lord
All set for tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and hopefully finding a bargain ;)

Question: What's the best prep for a toy fair?

Answer: Seeing the most phenomenal three pack collection in person and watching the theatrical edit of star wars with "mr three pack" himself- Chris :)

Lee77

Sith Lord
Just got back from this. Met Ed, Chris, Bram and Ham. What a cool bunch of guys. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer but I had my son with me. Thanks lads and let me know how you got on with your purchases.

scottie_boy

Padawan
Keen to hear other peoples thoughts on this fair, I've been a few times before, as this is the nearest event to me.

I think Lee was right in his 1st post "There's a few vintage bits scattered around on stalls that you have to search for", I am excluding Jim Stevenson in that comment, as you can't miss his awesome stand.

I went to Sandown looking for MOC or MISB items, but have only bought something on 1 visit, so I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in terms of items, price & condition.

Will look out for any updates in the Latest Acquisitions thread to see if anyone picked up any nice items.

Sounds like a visit would have been worth while just to meet some other SWF members! :p

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Well Ive been home a little while now but I had a good time. It was certainly great to meet up with Lee and Bram as I hadnt met them til today. It was also great to see some familiar faces in the likes of Ed and Ham. Ed actually drove down to mine last night and stayed here and we went together today. There wasn't tons of vintage but that tends to make people get creative and haggle more. I think you can do ok at these events but you are right Scottie there wasnt much.

Anyway, heres a couple of pics of us at Sandown today. Once again guys, great to see you all! 8)

7227521642_238546f53c.jpg

IMAG1557 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
7227522126_c41c245cd8.jpg

IMAG1560 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Left to Right: Me, Bram, Lee and his Son, Ed, Ham and Ham's cousin who's name escapes me. (Apologies)

Highlight of the day: Vintage show and tell. Wow, there were some stonking pieces being viewed and discussed in that cafe area!! :)

Chris. 8)

Lee77

Sith Lord
That lad 3rd from left is one handsome bugger (my son, not me):lol:
Cheers Chris, good to meet up and we had a good day. Not loads of vintage but well worth a visit.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Just got home from the show and I must say I had a corking day. The vintage was thin on the ground- but perseverance paid off and there were some Billy bargains to be had ;)

I had the pleasure of meeting up with a cracking bunch of lads. Im Still waiting to meet a comic-book-guy style geek at one of these shows :lol:
I'm always pleasantly surprised how sound you guys are lol.

The show and tell in the cafe was sick! There were dt figures left right and centre, an epic store display and a funny looking Jawa :lol: Simply epic.

For me the real draw of these shows is the social side. Today's show (with that in mind) is the best I have ever been to.

Roll on the next one!!!

ODB

Jedi Master
Didn't see this thread until today and I went to the fair yesterday, though I didn't see any shady looking characters lurking about.

I've been to several of these fairs and this one was rather poor on the vintage front for me, it was summed up by seeing a beat up loose weaponless Dengar for £12.

I only walked away with a few Action Force figures for less than a tenner.

Heith

Padawan
Any pics of jim stevensons stall? - would love to see what he has for sale, can remember his ad in the model mart

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom