Star Wars Vintage Collectors Day @ All The Cool Stuff

David Tree

Jedi Master
So, who is up for a vintage focused day at All The Cool Stuff?
All The Cool Stuff
64 High Street
Fordingbridge
Hampshire
SP6 1AX

Probably looking at a Sunday for September, running order open for discussion but was thinking along the lines of;
Trade Meet - every one has trade bait and spares, bring them down and make some trades. Meet other collectors and get enthused.
Attendee Display - something we've done with other toy collectors, a theme is selected and everyone brings something of their own relating to the theme to create an attendee based pop up exhibit created just for the day.
Presentation - could be in the form of show and tell, but if anyone would like to do something, just let me know.
Food/ Drink - depending on numbers could be pub or a buffet on site.
There will also be something created to mark the event and possibly be the start of something that, down the line folks trade among each other.

Just a few ideas, but anyone who would like to see/ do anything else, just say
If the numbers exceed what we can comfortably fit in the shop, we'll hire the Town Hall opposite, which may incur a small cost per person to contribute to cost until such point

Attending:
David Tree
Dom
Jedi_Masters
itfciain
CharlieCharlie
Lee77
Caswellbot
Lee Gray
Christian

Possible:
ODB - he has nothing else better to do ;)
Gary Smith
Elliott Ashton
JuniorChubb
Caswellbot
MrPalitoy

David Tree

Jedi Master
Typing on phone a nightmare

Finishing off last point, until such a point we have traders/ dealers contribute costs to set up shop.

So, any thoughts/ reactions, or preferable dates?

Dave.

David Tree

Jedi Master
And to give ideas of other activities at other events there's Custom or Art based activity, cosplay, guest speakers, product exhibit, display or demos - however for the most part these probably don't apply for this event, but may help with ideas for it.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Sounds good, can't commit until closer to the day though. Would be very interesting to meet some of you guys...

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I'll be in I'm sure. August would be better with me as ill be on school hols but where there is a will there is a way.

I like the idea of show and tell and trade/ swap meets. Etc. I think this could be great!

Chris.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Can currently do the first 3 sundays in September but not the last 2.

Was looking how to get to your gaff. Is Salisbury rail station and a taxi the best way to go if you don't have a car?

:)

cheers Jason

David Tree

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
Was looking how to get to your gaff. Is Salisbury rail station and a taxi the best way to go if you don't have a car?

The X3 bus is probably better than taxi, but hopefully folk might be able to help with lifts etc?

Right, how does Sunday 23rd of September sound?

Although it follows Sandown a week later, not everyone will be able to make Sandown and those that can make both will get a double fix :)
I'm away a week later and a colleague is not able to help out the week before, any time before then clashes with shows/ events I have on.

It would be handy to get an idea of folk interested if they think they can make it so I can look at what is achievable :)

Dave

Dom

Jedi Master
Ill be there, got a stand with a whole heap of vintage toys :D

The best bit is if anyone fancies rocking up on the Saturday we can hit the pub!!!!!! We have done it the last couple of times there and it`s been a great laugh

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sunday 23rd on the calender.

If anybody wants a lift on the way down let me know. Ill be coming from Hatfield AL10 area so if anybody is on root, can be a short diversion i dont mind, your more than welcome to catch a lift.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Cool :)

Dom is right, previously folks have come the night before, stayed at B&B's or the pubs for a good night on the Saturday.
Looks like will have the town hall, so there will be a door charge of about a quid to help cover the costs.
Aside from Dom and myself, two other retro toy dealers are happy to have tables too, so could be a fun little event.

Will be starting a SWFUK members list in the first post, and will get promoting in a few areas too.

Any suggestions for a theme user-contribution pop up display?

for example:
Things I Wanted As A Kid & Never Got Till I Was Older
The Empire
My Favourite Non-Figure Related Item
This Is The One Item I Would Rescue In A Fire
What Things Cost Originally

It can be as fun or as oddball as you like, the great thing with these are that you have no idea what the display will look like until the day itself.

Would anyone like to do a presentation or a discussion about anything?

Dave

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Sooooo Jealous :mrgreen:

This sort of thing is lacking over here ( as far as I know ) sounds like you fellas are going to have an awesome day ahead of you.

Jez

Sith Lord
Sounds great David, i've never been to any meets or conventions before.
I could be really up for this one!

Lee77

Sith Lord
Great idea David. I'm in. Just cleared it with the wife! Spun the old 'not buying-just meeting up' story :lol:
What's the nearest mainline train station?

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lee77 said:
Great idea David. I'm in. Just cleared it with the wife! Spun the old 'not buying-just meeting up' story :lol:

Lee where abouts in London do you live??? Im in Hatfield so can always swing by you on the way and give you a lift?? Might be going down the saturday eve though if other people are.

Or if you can get a train to say Borehamwood I can pick you up from there.

Let me know.

The offer is also open to anyone that lives near or on the way for me.

Jez

Sith Lord
Well i live near Didcot Parkway, halfway between Oxford & Reading.

I was thinking of catching the train, or driving my 7 seater and doing the school run for forum members between my place and the event.

In for a penny in for a pound, if i'm gonna do the Sunday, i may as well make it a weekend!

Lee77

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Lee77 said:

Lee where abouts in London do you live??? Im in Hatfield so can always swing by you on the way and give you a lift?? Might be going down the saturday eve though if other people are.

Or if you can get a train to say Borehamwood I can pick you up from there.

Let me know.

The offer is also open to anyone that lives near or on the way for me.

Cheers for the offers chaps. At the minute Im only going there on the Sunday but if that ties in with everyone else, that'd be cool. I guess we can confirm something a couple of weeks before?
BTW I'm in West London (Fulham) so I can meet up anywhere.
The offers just confirm my thought that the people on this board are all sound. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom