Memorabila Nov 12

2stripes

Jedi Master
http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham/

Not been before but its just down the road from me and close to my eldest lad's birthday so thought I'd take him on a joint cash blowing day out! 8)

What's people's experience of it? Obviously I'd like to pick up a vintage item or 2, is there much about? My lad likes Star Wars but he's more into Comics, Manga, skating god knows what else. Will there be much about for him too? I'm hoping it will be a bit of a father son bonding day so hope he doesn't get bored watching me looking at Star Wars stuff! He went to the MCM Expo thing with his mates recently and really enjoyed that so not sure how they differ?

Lee77

Sith Lord
Matt, I think the October one is at excel in London. I'm gonna skip that and go to the one at the NEC. Could be a good place for everyone from the boards to have another meet up.

2stripes

Jedi Master
Lee77 said:
Matt, I think the October one is at excel in London. I'm gonna skip that and go to the one at the NEC. Could be a good place for everyone from the boards to have another meet up.

Yeah sorry Lee, I know it's november, just had a senior moment! Yeah that was gonna be my next question, would be good to meet up with a few guys off the forum. I think I'm looking forward to it more than my lad!

Lee77

Sith Lord
I took my 5 year old to the BP toy fair and he absolutely loved it. Managed to get him some modern stuff pretty cheap but it did get a bit hairy on Jim Stevensons stall when he wanted to pick some mocs up to look at. :shock:

2stripes

Jedi Master
Well I considered taking my 6 year old too but I'd have to watch him like a hawk! So I'm just taking the eldest for his 15th and maybe take the youngest in the spring. The little one loves modern too and has a massive doctor who collection so he would be in his element!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Yes I will defo going to this and cant wait! The last one has a fair few pieces of vintage and thats without Stevenson and it has Loads of Modern! I managed to pick up a MISB Legacy Falcon for £150 :D

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Went to the recent one in Glasgow, oh man did it suck!!!!

Three Vintage MOC in total......And those were like BLEH.

Tempted to travel down to the NEC one, time will tell.

monkeyboy

Padawan
Been to 3 comic cons this year, Birmingham, Manchester and comic con Wales. Birmingham definitley the best of the bunch.. well organized, lots of people dressed up, 501st were there, nearly all of them. Only a couple of stands selling vintage star wars and not a great amount on them either imho. Lots of modern (cheap aswell)
Manchester..massive queue though loads of people dressed up so the queue was half the fun! Very little star wars though.
Comic con Wales... appalling!! Dreadful organization, half a mile long queue, if you never had an advance ticket forget it, people queing for 3 hours then giving up... if you DID get in it was held in the tiniest hall, will not be going to that one EVER again!

Joe

Grand Master
Judging from the pictures of all the MEM's I have seen and what Dave just did with Farthest From - I know where I would rather go for vintage!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom