Elstree Empire Day 2013

x-pack

Grand Master
Is anyone going to this?

Having been to the first one i'm definitely going on this years. The journey from Lancashire was well worth it.

I hear that this time it's going to be a two day event. I'll be there for both days if they are doing something different for each. Just being there, where they actually shot some of the original saga was magic. The talks by various actors and technical support guys were captivating, if you like that sort of thing.

Accomodation in Elstree/Borehamwood is easy. We stayed in the Elstree Premier Inn last year which was superb and just a short walk from the studios.

If you have the means, and if they ever release the long awaited tickets, you should go.

x-pack

Grand Master
Oh my god, i forgot to mention the original props that were on display!

There were so many, but some of the highlights were as follows;

Original Darth Vader helmet
Greedo mask
Tie Fighter Pilot helmet
Treadwell Droid (remains)
Various main actor contracts
Parts from Luke's Landspeeder
The control panel used to destroy Alderaan ("You may commence firing when ready" ..bbooooooooo ...*large explosion*). I actually got to pull the lever!!!
Luke's Hoth binoculars
Dr. Evezan's prosthetic eye/nose make up.
Gaffee stick
Millenium Falcon orginal pilot seat

God there were so many things. It was amazing :D

x-pack

Grand Master
It's on Star Wars/bank holiday weekend - May 05th and 6th.

They do different types of tickets but last year's standard day pass was £60 and i you got a welcome pack and six pre-chosen signings. There were loads of actors/technical people there. If you wanted more signatures they were around £10 each.

Superb day. Well worth it

x-pack

Grand Master
A quick update on this. I think it's Jason Joiner, one of the organisers, who's said that this years event will not be at Elstree Studios. Apparently the stage they were after isn't available which is a real shame. So they are trying to sort out another venue that will be of significance to Star Wars fans. Any ideas where that might be? Pinewood maybe?

The top and bottom of it is that this years event is far from organised so is unlikely to happen over Star Wars weekend, if at all. They do say that there are various exciting things lined up for the event. I just can't see it happening if they don't even have a venue or a loose date sorted.

I will keep anyone who is interested updated.

x-pack

Grand Master
It sounds as though they just couldn't get a set with Star Wars history. Isn't that where the George Lucas set is?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Jason was planning on having it on the Gerorge Lucas stage. I believe that's where dagobah was filmed. It's much larger than last years stage 7.

x-pack

Grand Master
That would have been awesome :(

Is that the stage with a big tank in the floor that can be filled with water?

x-pack

Grand Master
I've been following it on FB and they have said nothing for quite a while. It's a bit disrespectful if you ask me. On last year's programme it stated that there would be another this year, and yet they have just been keeping us in the dark. I even booked leave so i could go assuming it would be on the same weekend. Not happy :cry:

x-pack

Grand Master
See what i mean? I'm going to say it, i really am. That's it. I am going to say it and nothing or nobody can stop me!

**** them! :twisted:

x-pack

Grand Master
Ok so i change all my slagging off of Jason Joiner and Gary Kurtz to 'woop! looks like there's an event on this year' :D

Not sure where or when yet but these pair of c***s have announced that they are doing a deal at the moment with a venue, and it will be this year! ****in A! So in spite of the disrespect for their fans i now have some restored faith.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom