CE II after show BBQ - or maybe smth else? [private event]

maniac79

Jedi Master
BBQ is officially cancelled. But we'll all meet in Essen one way or the other. :)

8775414104_a9bdcfa461_c.jpg

Now it's out, George is British! For those who didn't know it already! :mrgreen:
I was about to get a little more creative and design a nice "invitation card", BUT sadly I don't have as much time for stuff like this than I would like to have.

Anyhow, it has been said here and there before and now it's getting a little more serious. :) We (my wife to be (getting married before CE II) and me) are planning for a little BBQ during YOUR time over here in Germany to make it even more fun than it will already be. We can meet and greet, talk about our favorite topic, eat, drink, deal, impress others with our knowledge (will be fun after a few beers I guess :)) and whatever. Currently there is only a rough idea, the details will have to be worked on during the next weeks.
What we have so far:
BBQ on Saturday, July 27th starting at around 19:00 local time in our garden (in Dortmund, a town near Essen).

To get into the detailed planning (drinks/meat/travel/...) we need some info from those who are planning to join the fun, so please send me a PM with the following details:
  • Your name (in case you think I don't know it by now :)).
    Your email.
    If you're joined by someone, state how many persons will join you and state their names + nicknames if they have one (if no number of persons is given, I assume you will come alone).
    Please also feel free to make any comment, for example if you think 19:00 is too early (you/we (?) will have to travel from Messe Essen to Dortmund and this should take about an hour, so you would have to leave CE II at around 17:30 I guess on this day) or if you have any ideas for the BBQ, if you are vegetarian, ..., let me know whatever you think is important or should be considered.

Please also leave a comment here stating that you're planning to join as it will encourage others to come too. :) Additionally I may try to maintain a list of confirmed guests in this post.
Further details will be communicated via email though for privacy reasons as I won't be posting my private address out in the open e.g.
Please also feel free to discuss ideas in this thread with others. :)

Last, but not least: Any forum member of SWFUK is welcome of course.

Confirmed so far
Cc4rhu
Dark Sith Lord +1

Road trip in the falcon, but would like to join if possible
frunkstar

maniac79

Jedi Master
No hard feelings here (honestly :)), but I thought that more people would chime in. I do understand that some people are not really sure if they want to/will make it to CE II and some people may also not like the travelling part in the evening, which I can totally understand.

The BBQ was only a rough first idea. If we get more people to go have a drink together in the evening near Messe Essen, it would be more fun for everyone I guess. (The more, the merrier. :))
Also, the BBQ event was restricted to SWFUK members only, if we stay in/near Essen we could also join a group of RS members, I think they are planning something too.
We could try to find where the room sales are happening on Saturday evening together, do some window shopping and then go to Essen city for a feast or - even more fun: Go to Oberhausen Centre together, they have a nice promenade with an Irish Pub and lots of other restaurants/bars.

What are your thoughts on this? (Not saying the BBQ is off the table yet, just trying to get an idea of what would be best for all SWFUK'ers!)

Jez

Sith Lord
Hey Dennis,
This sounds like a great idea.
I may be able to go to CE2 after all and bring a couple of forum lads with me.
I'm sure i'll know more by the weekend.
If this happens, and i sincerely hope it does, do you know of any camping sites nearby which would be happy to have a big camper van?
Thanks dude

Jez

Sith Lord
Yes mate, the usual suspects :wink:
I'll look in to it. Will know for sure by the weekend

Richard_H

Grand Master
Dennis, as I'm a veggie BBQs are pretty crap for me so would prefer to stay in Essen and have a few pints etc. But I'm easy and will go with the flow.

maniac79

Jedi Master
It was only an idea and after all I believe that a lot of interesting stuff will happen behind the curtains in Essen, especially on Saturday. And we shouldn't miss out. :)

Will update my 1st post accordingly in the next few days. Maybe we should watch what RS is planning and crash their party. :lol:

Richard_H

Grand Master
What's putting me off is the travel to be honest. But if everyone wants to go to the BBQ then I'll be there!
I'm more than happy having a meal somewhere in Essen though. :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Dennis :)

I understand what you are saying. I don't mind either way (BBQ or a meal in Essen) but if the room sales are Saturday Night then I would like to attend them :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom