Star Walls - Art exhibition in east london

elliott ashton

Hi everyone,

those of you who reside or will be passing by Leytonstone, east london, before the 10th June, may be interested in seeing an exhibition I have curated-

'Star Walls' is an exhibition of star wars inspired art,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Walls/433874916697328

shown in Leytonstone, the birthplace of Stuart Freeborn, who sadly passed away earlier this year.
the exhibition is showing in two locations in the town, 'the stone space' gallery, and also 'Artefacto bespoke tattoo'

we also comissioned a mural, painted by world acclaimed artist Jim Vision.

http://www.endoftheline.co/star-walls-mural-exhibition-leytonstone/

for an introduction to myself and the exhibition, heres a recent interview which sets the scene far better than I could!

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/wfnews/10410448.May_the_force_be_with_the_fans/

I hope some of you can make it to see the show, or some of our special events-
star wars themed market on the 25th May.
sci fi party with prizes for best fancy dress outfits 25th May.
a variety of talks on star wars themes, including an hour long talk on history of star wars toys, 8th June.
'draw your own creatures' workshop, 8th June.
(events taking place in Leytonstone library are now happening on Saturday the 8th)

see you there! ... and dont forget to pick up the free exclusive trading cards given away at each venue!

Elliott

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Thurs could be good, depends what there though..

Tomorrow looks like it will be a good day but I'm working. The workshops on Sun 9th of June might be an idea...

mumbo

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
Thurs could be good, depends what there though..

Tomorrow looks like it will be a good day but I'm working. The workshops on Sun 9th of June might be an idea...

We're heading to Alton Towers on Wednesday and won't return til Thursday evening but the workshop sounds like a good idea particularly for the kids. I'll speak to you about it at Dad's on Sunday.

mumbo

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
See you then, don't forget Proto Fett and too many carb's Solo.. :wink:

:lol: well I hope I'm getting something in return :wink:

escapist

Jedi Knight
My mate at work mentioned this as he lives in Leytonstone, gonna head down one evening this week!

elliott ashton

Hopefully many of you have been over to see our exhibition, but if not, this Saturday would be a good day!

from our press officer-

For immediate release 3 June 2013

Star wars, aliens and Jiggly Boggly monsters in Leytonstone

Storm Troopers, wookies and alien creatures will be at large in Leytonstone. The last weekend of the Star Walls art show in Leytonstone will be a great free treat for science fiction, monster and creature fans of all ages. At 3pm on Saturday 8 June 2013 there will be a chance to see Elliott Ashton's New York Times 2010 prize- winning short animated film 'Attack of the Aliens'. The introductory talk and film screening are part of a the Star Walls art show and Love Your High Street events.

The afternoon of creative monster workshops and talks starts at 12 with UK Garrison Storm Troopers , wookies and other Star Wars inspired characters (pictured) invading the Stone Space gallery and Church Lane Leytonstone. The excitement moves inside to the Library hall for workshops led by animators and artists and talks by experts in the field.

The talks and discussions will be
1pm- UK Garrison - an introduction to who they are, what they do and how to get involved as a costumed performer.
1.30pm- Clark Beecroft will talk about creating the character and book 'Jiggly Boggly and the Gosh monsters'.
2 pm - Jeff Cox - myths and legends.
2.30pm Leticia Molera Vasquez - will talk about the anthropology of monsters and aliens.
3 pm Elliott Ashton - introduction and screening of 'Attack of the Aliens'
3.20 pm David Tree- international expert will talk about the history of Star Wars toys.

Children and adults will be able to join in making monsters and be able to see Storm Troopers and wookies close up. The events and children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.

The show and the events are inspired by the memory of special effects artist Stuat Freeborn who created Yoda and Chewbacca, who was born in Leytonstone and died in February this year aged 98.

The fabulous Star Walls art show is drawing in visitors from across the know universe to Leytonstone. The Stone Space art gallery in church Lane, Leytonstone extended its opening hours last weekent to give visitors a change to get in and see works by local artists Carne Griffiths, Jeff Cox, Roseanne Artisan and Hilary Douse. International artists Maria Slovakova, dARTh and Blakk Bird are among those drawing new audiences to art in galleries. The Star Walls mural by Jim Vision at 654 High Road, Leytonstone continues to delight passers by. 'It's an epic in itself' said one 12 year old.

Gallery volunteer and local artist, Elizabeth Davies, said 'Elliott Ashotn has made sure that the last few days of the Star Walls art show will give sci-fi and monster fans a chance to join in. The events on Saturday 8th June will give fans of all ages a really memorable afternoon. The costume actors will certainly set the scene. I am really looking forward to seeing Elliott Ashton's award winning film.'

The Star Walls art show oranised by film animator Elliott Ashton runs at the Stone Space gallery, 6 Church Lane, E11 1HG and Artefacto 476 high Road, Leytonstone until 9 june 2013. The Star Walls mural by Jim Vision can be seen at 654 High Road, Leytonstone. The workshops and talks are free to all from 12 noon to 5pm Saturday 8 june 2013 in Church Lane, Leytonstone and in Leytonstone Library hall.

Ends

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom