doncaster dome 22nd sept

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
geek fest .few fancy dress charectors and some stalls .star wars batman etc .2 pound a ticket .prob nice few hourss if your local

TC-14

Sith Lord
Excellent, I've heard about these at Donny Dome since getting back into Star Wars collecting... think I might have a stroll along to this one. Thanks for posting, Mr Jabbawokkie- I see you're in Barnsley, I'm just up the road from you in Ackworth!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mate we are in hiendley just roung corner,pondering over moving to ackworth our lass loves it .even looked at houses .been to boot and shoe few times for bands on a bank holiday .jesters and snap at angel

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
can i just say to everyone in london in yorkshire when i say i,m just round corner i mean i can be there in ten mins not in a hour after fighting through traffic for 2 miles how you lot cope is beyound me you must spend half ye time in traffic loll

TC-14

Sith Lord
South Hiendley? Nice one, mate. I often take the hound to Wintersett for a walk, but it's more of an excuse to call in at The Anglers Retreat once we're done :wink: Great pub, there's not many that accept dogs nowadays, and although it does have a 'wet dog' aroma, I'll gladly drink in one of these original public houses than a themed 'Witherspoon' any day.

Drop me a line if you want to meet up for a chin-wag about vintage Star Wars over a decent pint of stout.

TC-14

Sith Lord
It is, Richard- Ackworth is about a 10 minute drive from Knottingley. Give me a shout next time you're down this way, and I'll take you to the 'wet dog aroma pub' for a pint or two- you'll love it, that I am sure :D

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/27/27629/Anglers_Retreat/Wintersett

Edit: forgot the pub link

Richard_H

Grand Master
I should be down over Christmas period as I have a cousin who I over for the first time in a long time from Australia. I'll let you know.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
tc 14 . i got two spaniels .mad as ...take em up went bridge then call in blue bells for a cold one .great dogs but once there of lead their gone .proper mental .what hounds ye got

TC-14

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
I should be down over Christmas period as I have a cousin who I over for the first time in a long time from Australia. I'll let you know.
Great stuff, give me a shout- and bring your German Shepherd along if you're able and we'll have a good walk with a decent pint as our goal.

jabbawokkie said:
tc 14 . i got two spaniels .mad as ...take em up went bridge then call in blue bells for a cold one .great dogs but once there of lead their gone .proper mental .what hounds ye got
Spaniels? Love 'em, real characters. My sister's got a Brittany Spaniel, he's an old chap now, but still gets mental with the rest of them from time to time!

I've got a Whippet myself, a little rescue number- I'm guessing she's about 9/10 years old, but she can still bolt along when a rabbit or a squirrel catches her eye. She was after a fox just the other day when it appeared from a hedgerow... no chance of calling the hound back, she was off. Thankfully she didn't catch it, I didn't fancy dealing with the aftermath :?

If you want to meet up for a walk with the dogs then give me a shout- Wentbridge is a favourite walk of mine, and the Blue Bell was the first pub my dad took me to- love it there. Nostell Priory is another good one, and the Spread Eagle in Wragby (a fine Samuel Smiths pub) also welcomes dogs- and a pint of stout costs something daft like £1.16!

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/29/29640/Spread_Eagle/Wragby

Apologies for turning this thread into a 'Good Pub' guide under the pretense of taking the dogs for a walk!

Martin

benny100

Sith Lord
I'm only 5 minutes drive from the dome, if anyone fancies saying hello let me know. I'm defo gonna have a look at this one, is there a web site though as I can't see any info anywhere.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Yeah i.ll fetch hounds out.like went bridge as i can just let em of lead .waters clean and not many sticky buds .went up in floods it was crazy.i up wentbridge tomorrow hopefully .depends how drunk i get today with it being me birthday.rabbit ins is a nice walk at royston if ye fancya hour round there .great view from top.ben there a add on fb bout dome .i.ll grab a pint with you all there.you from cantley then . i grrew up in askern

TC-14

Sith Lord
Happy birthday, mate- enjoy :D

Yeah, give me a shout if you're fit for a dog walk in Wentbridge tomorrow... but don't hold back on the beer because of it :wink:

.Q.

Jedi Master
Chaps, I'm planning to pop along to Doncaster for this, would be cool to meet up. I went to the one in Hull a few weeks ago and it was good fun, lots of costumers and friendly folks. The Vintage goodies were a little thin on the ground but I did root up a few juicy loosies! :D

TC-14

Sith Lord
.Q. said:
Chaps, I'm planning to pop along to Doncaster for this, would be cool to meet up. I went to the one in Hull a few weeks ago and it was good fun, lots of costumers and friendly folks. The Vintage goodies were a little thin on the ground but I did root up a few juicy loosies! :D
Smashing news, Dave- see you there :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom