SWFUK Family Trip: ROTJ London 5th October.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
For those who especially missed out on watching ROTJ at CE2.

A special screening to celebrate the 30th anniversary of ROTJ and the release of J.W Rinzlers 'The Making of Return of the Jedi'.

With Jeremy Bolloch and J.W Rinzler

To celebrate the launch of the new book by J.W. Rinzier 'THE MAKING OF THE RETURN OF THE JEDI', the Prince Charles is proud to announce that on 5th Oct (18:00) you will get the chance to view Return of The Jedi on the big screen once more. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with the author of the book, and compered by Ian Freer of Empire Magazine. After the Q&A you will have the opportunity to have the book signed by the author (books will be on sale that evening in the bar). Tickets for this very exclusive screening will be £17.50 and £20 for non members. Please book early to avoid disappointment as tickets are limited.

Timings: 18:00 Return of the Jedi, 20:09 Q&A Starts, 20:39 Book signing, 21:30 All clear

It will be the 'Special Edition' version as all 35mm are out of circulation.

jedi491_zpsa0d9bd55.jpg

Im in! :)

Who else feels the force?

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Oooooh I could crush a grape :D

I think work will keep me away from this. Slim chance though, let me try some Jedi Mind Tricks... :wink:

Jez

Sith Lord
2 Tickets booked for me and my 8 year old, exactly 30 years after my Dad took his 8 year old to watch it!

OK here's the deal: Ive offered Grant the sofa, I can park for free in London just requiring the tube. If anyone wants to make it a SWFUK event and needs a place to crash give me a holler.
I have a 7 seater and currently have 4 spare seats!

Jez

Sith Lord
You know you are welcome here Iain, now all we need is Chris and we have the original Farthest From crew together!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm up for this. Just asked Harriet and she got a little excited so think I'll bring her along as well. Will have to meet you guys in London as I'm bringing Harriet. Plus it's only a short train ride for me.

Excited I think just a little!! :D

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Actually think it will just be me. Harriet only being 4 and knowing what she is like I don't think she will sit through the screening. Just had to fib and tell her tickets are sold out. But I am going to do her a Star Wars night with pop corn and sweets so she can watch them with me.

Right, off to book my ticket.

x-pack

Grand Master
Jammy buggers in London! :lol:

I'm down there this weekend at a wedding. Just as well it's not this weekend really cos i'd have been off after the speaches and the wife would be none to pleased with me :wink:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Got the book as well. Its 40% off on Amazon.

Be great to get it signed.

Have no idea how much they are going to be there.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love the clip. Awesome.

I can imagine the book being the full £40 if you but it there, that's a good price in Amazon. Will be getting the book but not sure if I'm that bothered about getting it signed.

TC-14

Sith Lord
This might be just what I need to revert my (none too serious) negative thoughts towards this film :lol:
Enquiries are being made (of a dog-sitting nature and for someone to sort out the chickens while I'm away), if all goes to plan, I shall see you all in Leicester Square next Saturday :D

TC-14

Sith Lord
Cheers, lads- it'll be great to meet you all, too :D

Dog sitter and chicken look-afterer sorted. Train booked and my ticket for the Prince Charles cinema is reserved. See you all in the West End!

TC-14

Sith Lord
Really looking forward to this, too!

I'll be arriving at Kings Cross just before 10am, then I'll head over to my niece's in Parsons Green to drop my overnight gear off and have lunch there and whatnot. Then I'll probably start heading up West around 2pm. Let me know a bit nearer the time what you guys are doing, and we'll arrange a suitable meeting point.

I feel like I'm finally about to lay down my guns and embrace Return Of The Jedi :lol:

Jez- just got to say, that's great to hear that you're taking your son along at exactly the same age as when you first saw this film- couldn't have been timed better!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom