Sandown Toy Fair - Saturday 15th February 2014

thrawn

Youngling
Hi guys. Having popped into Sandown earlier for the sheer hell of it, I can't say, from a Star Wars perspective, that I was enthralled. Really very little vintage there, save for a stall situated in the middle somewhere with a selection of cased card-backs laid across the front of the stand. For model railway aficionados, which I'm not one of, it was heaven.

Elsewhere, I spotted a couple of loose Yaks, and some ESB stuff including a MOC Dengar with a pristine bubble for £22. The whole Toy Toni debacle has made me suspicious of everything. If the condition looks too good to be true, caveat emptor and all that.

Great forum by the way.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
thrawn said:
Hi guys. Having popped into Sandown earlier for the sheer hell of it, I can't say, from a Star Wars perspective, that I was enthralled. Really very little vintage there, save for a stall situated in the middle somewhere with a selection of cased card-backs laid across the front of the stand. For model railway aficionados, which I'm not one of, it was heaven.

Elsewhere, I spotted a couple of loose Yaks, and some ESB stuff including a MOC Dengar with a pristine bubble for £22. The whole Toy Toni debacle has made me suspicious of everything. If the condition looks too good to be true, caveat emptor and all that.

Great forum by the way.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I too was there yesterday. There was very little vintage. There used to be more going back a few years but it has really dried up. The stall in the middle was jim.Stevensons stall. The dengar moc you mentioned on another dealers stall was a recard. He had the dengar and a zuckuss. Both were recards unfortunately.

ODB

Jedi Master
Caswellbot said:
thrawn said:

Great forum by the way.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I too was there yesterday. There was very little vintage. There used to be more going back a few years but it has really dried up. The stall in the middle was jim.Stevensons stall. The dengar moc you mentioned on another dealers stall was a recard. He had the dengar and a zuckuss. Both were recards unfortunately.

Was that the stall that was selling carded Action Force? He did freely admit they were recards. There was a stall about two rows in front of him with several MOCs of varying quality. Other than a few straggling loose items and some 12 inchers Star Wars was pretty mediocre. But saying that only trains and diecasts seemed to be well represented.

thrawn

Youngling
Caswellbot said:
thrawn said:

Great forum by the way.

Thank you very much. Been absolutely glued to the big Toy Toni thread since December, hence my joining the forum. Lots of knowledge here, and passionate people. The investigative work has been amazing.

The Stevenson stall you mention looked like a father and son outfit. Quite a variety of carded figures, but couldn't understand why they vulnerably placed along the front. I'd have had them along the back on the shelf.

Ah, Zuckuss; I noticed two, but couldn't remember the second.

Cheers

thrawn

Youngling
ODB said:
Caswellbot said:
thrawn said:

Great forum by the way.

Was that the stall that was selling carded Action Force? He did freely admit they were recards. There was a stall about two rows in front of him with several MOCs of varying quality. Other than a few straggling loose items and some 12 inchers Star Wars was pretty mediocre. But saying that only trains and diecasts seemed to be well represented.

Hi. I didn't see any carded Action Force on the 'Dengar' stall. If you mean the Stevenson stall (assuming my description of the stall above is correct), I saw a mixture of vintage and POTF Star Wars, James Bond, various cult stuff, and robot toys.

Shame I missed the stall two rows in front of the Dengar vendor. I can only recall a beaten up X-Wing box in that area. Elsewhere there were bits and pieces on a raised platform area, including a stall with a number of vintage figures in a shallow drawer, featuring one of the Yak Faces I saw. Should have at least enquired thinking back, in the unlikely event he slipped in.

Elsewhere, I noticed a loose Chief Chirpa ewok on a stall for £25, while on a stall opposite the same figure, in the same condition, was £5. A bewildering spread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom