Leamington Comic Con - October 18th 2014

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
There's a young man trying to get Leamington Comic Con off the ground.

Date: Saturday 18th October 2014
https://www.facebook.com/LeamComicCon

He's doing a kickstarter-esque appeal and has done well to get over 1000 english pounds with 32 days to go.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/leamington-comic-con

I spoke briefly with him and said it would be cool if somebody with a great carded collection could be part of it.. maybe some Palitoy personages. And there's some room for Star Wars traders.

Leamington is a reasonably affluentish (posh) town when it wants to be (we have trees and a pump room gardens), they also filmed Upstairs Downstairs 2012/13 in parts. SO its feckin' posh OKAY!!!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Interesting article hope he manages to get it off the ground,

Leamington is not far from me and has the benefit of being very central to most parts of the country

Posh??? suppose so :lol:

Where I live though you have to pay, yes pay to use the Public Loos (think it's 20p) :shock:

brownbear29

Padawan
Good lad, all the best to him.

From what I recall, LAMP's not a particularly big space though, d'you think it'll cope with a throng of comic fans? (Is that the correct collective term?) On the plus side, they do have Purity ales on tap.

Leam's def posh compared to Cov.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Just one thought, tried to go to east miss Comic-Con a few weeks ago and the venue was too small and queues were massive... might be worth thinking about these bits... I'm sure he has... just thoughts

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
It appears that the funding has been obtained, which is a great success. Apparently many people have offered to display/stall on the day so might be worth moving to a bigger venue. Town Hall would be good..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom