Memorabilia 2014 NEC November

chris_1989

Padawan
Hi have not been to Memorabilia for around 2 years now just wondered if anyone knows if there will be many vintage star wars stalls there to make the trip down worth it?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I have been to every Mem for the past 3 or 4 years and find that the November one is the best for Vintage SW. Although in recent times it has been getting smaller and smaller I still think its worth the trip :)

chris_1989

Padawan
That sounds good then was hoping so as prices on ebay these days are getting ridiculous will head down and see if I can grab a few bargains :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I went earlier in the year and there was vintage around, not as much as I'd have liked but it was about, to get the decent deals though I'd strongly recommend the early bird entry.

chris_1989

Padawan
I always do the early entry for that reason alone just hoping to find some decent trilogos for my collection :)

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
I'll be there with the wife. The amount of Vintage has certainly dropped over the years, but it's always around. Last year was a bust for me though, had £300 in my pocket and couldn't find anything I wanted!

Just to echo what everyone else has said, you have to earlybird it!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Will b there to meet up with SW collector/dealer mates and enjoy the show :D As for picking up vintage I am after, forget it :|

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
What weekend is MEM this year. I keep saying every year I have to go as I have never been so far but either keep missing it or am not free!!

brownbear29

Padawan
22-23 November

Went last year with my 2 little'uns. They loved it, other than the MASSIVE queues for general entry tickets - took about 2 hours to get in!

If I'm reading the official website right, you can only buy priority tickets in advance, but that doesn't include any kids. So, I'm faced with the same queuing prospects as last time... might give it a miss tbh.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Went on the Sunday last year didn't have early bird got there 30 mins early only queued for about 30 mins that may be the way to avoid waiting :)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I've never been to one of these events before but with ebay and people holding on to their stuff I can't imagine they'd be anything interesting there (at a good price to compensate for my petrol and entry fee) Best chance would be to find some loose stuff to build up my armies and possibly stalls selling other sci-fi toys i.e. micronauts my other passion :D

Alas-1

Padawan
Just got back.
Sadly it's turning more into Cosplay and Chinese, clothing and T Shirt sellers!
Normally see Jim Stevenson at these events?? Anyone know anything about him? How does he sell nowadays?
There was some vintage but VERY little.
I went hoping that I could pick up some loose figures first hand. There was some but just not worth rooting through to be honest. Not many MOC at all really. Nothing worth noting.
Saw a few of the Jumbo ones... Gentle giant.

Not what it used to be for me...

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Alas-1 said:
Just got back.
Sadly it's turning more into Cosplay and Chinese, clothing and T Shirt sellers!
Normally see Jim Stevenson at these events?? Anyone know anything about him? How does he sell nowadays?
There was some vintage but VERY little.
I went hoping that I could pick up some loose figures first hand. There was some but just not worth rooting through to be honest. Not many MOC at all really. Nothing worth noting.
Saw a few of the Jumbo ones... Gentle giant.

Not what it used to be for me...

Had a fun day with the wife and some mates......but the worst memorabilia (sorry "comic con" as it's now know as) I've ever been to. I'm sorry but do I want to sponser a dog or a cat??? NO I ****ing dont, do I want a massage....NO I want to see a wide and varied assortment of vintage toys, memorabilia and collectables. Do I want to buy chinese dinnerware.....for ****s sake NO I dont. I still cant believe that they used 2 halls but only 1 for the show and the other for the queue, last year it was two full halls with dealers, signings, corporate stands etc....
I know for a fact that many dealers and regular attendees such as the astro mech builders club could not get space at this novembers event, that might include jim stevenson.
the amount of manga **** that was on show was crazy, the amount of USA sweetie dealers was bonkers. The cosplay aspect is fun, but it's all teenage kids who dont buy anything!! I was speaking to a disney pin dealer I've known for a few years and she was saying that there had been **** loads of people but noone spending money compared to previous shows.
a sad day for one of my favourite dates in the diary, it's nothing like it used to be, the organisers will have some serious thinking to do if they want to get dealers to come back (if they even want them to)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Terrible day I'm afraid :( Q'd for an hour and a half from 12pm, unbelievable :shock:
Virtually zero cream vintage :!: Only Star Zone Toys had a bit of decent vintage.
By all accounts Jim Stevenson 'missed the boat' to get a table :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom