Could we arrange some get togethers for the new film?

Joe

Grand Master
I was just thinking about the new film coming out and I would like to see it but don't really have anyone around here that would be all that interested in tagging along with me and I don't fancy going on my own :lol:

Perhaps we can organise some group viewings around the country? Essex/London chaps can meet up at one place for example and those further north/west/south could do the same? Doesn't necessarily have to be on opening night or anything (be packed anyway) - just a date and time that suits the majority?

Just a thought! Unless someone has a friend who actually owns/runs a cinema we can all bundle in to for a viewing?? :mrgreen:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great idea Joe, I'm up for that for the North West anyway :D

Sure we can organise something if others are up for it?

Manchester IMAX ? Meet up beforehand

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah it would be good fun I think Michael! Would be a good chance for people to have a meet up in a location that suits them a little better too and there is plenty of time to get everything planned as well.

Plenty of people near to me: Chubb/mumbo, Gary, Jason, Pete, Chris and Marc I think? Chris Caswell isn't far away either and I'm sure it's similar in other parts of the country.

Multiple SWF screenings up and down the country :lol:

TC-14

Sith Lord
Great idea, Joe- I'd be up for a northern meeting: Manchester IMAX sounds like a great idea, Mike. Myself and a mate are off to this cinema in Leeds when it's released:

http://www.everymancinema.com/venues/leeds/whats-on/#list

Comfy armchairs, beer on tap, pizzeria... you're more than welcome to join us at that one, too (I'm sure I'll be watching this film more than once). Barry, are up for making a trip across the Pennines?

Martin

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Martin....IMAX is in the Printworks in Manchester, so loads of places to meet up prior to the film
Think you can do the armchair sofa thing there as well.

Maybe up for Leeds as well, as I too will be watching it more than once!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Yeah I can't knock it, but for SW I would really like to see it with the full works, really love our local flicks & its super cheap to boot, takes you right back it does, first time I went one of the kids wanted a drink half way through the film, so as you do at the cinema I gave her a fiver for it, she came back with over 4 quid in change :shock:

TC-14

Sith Lord
That warms the cockles of the heart, Frank- good to hear that those hitherto 'useless' practices are still being upheld in certain parts of the country. Hats off to your local flicks :wink:

To be honest, I'd rather like to do a national tour... perhaps see you all for the London get-together, too :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
You could do a road trip blog Martin, and write about all the different reactions on a UK tour :lol:

I'm just so looking forward to seeing the film, and if we can get together with a few more like minded, SWFUK nutters all the better :D

Jez

Sith Lord
I'm happy to be POC for a southern one. Folk can kip at mine as numerous times before, i can sort transport etc
It's a long time away, but i'm not going anywhere

Jez

Sith Lord
Grant i'd love it if they did a premier showing at the Prince Charles Cinema.
Kinda full circle mate, where we saw ROTJ. A great cinema, plus they serve beer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom