Star Wars Day Birmingham

indofanboy

Hello!

My name is Aditya and me and a group of friends are organising a Star Wars Day event in Birmingham to celebrate our beloved saga, especially this year in anticipation of the new upcoming episode VII.

The event will be held on 3-4 May 2015. The venue is to be confirmed, but for now Millennium Point is our top priority.
One of the main content for the event will be a Star Wars Collection exhibition, displaying Star Wars collection (toys, lego, action figures, props replica, etc.) owned by various Star Wars fans/collectors. The main purpose of this is to show people how huge the scale of Star Wars fandom is, particularly in the collectible merchandises. It will also be a chance for different collectors to meet, and maybe even trade or sell some their collections, if they want to. If not, then this can be just a good place to proudly show your collections to the public.

Other activities that we have planned are Star Wars fan art competition, Star Wars soundtrack recital (by Birmingham Conservatoire), Star Wars inspired fashion show (by BCU fashion design students), Star Wars costume appearance, Star Wars video game experience, and more.

We want this event to be a charity fundraising event, so we want to partner with a charity organisation (currently approaching Rainbow Trust Children's Charity) and any profit gained in this event will be donated for charity.

We have just formed the event's idea last week, so at this stage we are still looking for collaborators. Which leads me to asking your help as a Star Wars collectors forum: I am hoping that some of you would like to collaborate by taking part in the collectors exhibition on our event, especially if you are a resident in Birmingham or West Midlands area.

If anyone would like to join, please post a reply or you may contact my by e-mail at: [email protected]

Any comments, questions or suggestions are very welcome.
And I would be very grateful if anyone would like to collaborate or take part in the event (aside from the collection exhibition) as well! (partnerships, sponsorships, other contents for the event, etc.)

This project will be a part of me and my group's module in our MA Event and Exhibition Management course at BCU, so any form of support will be very appreciated.

Thank you for your kind attention and may the Force be with you. :)

Regards,
Aditya

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom