Secret Cinema - Empire Strikes Back

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
This could be amazing

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-secret-cinema-reveals-notverysecret-plan-for-this-summers-immersive-blockbuster-10100249.html

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
This could be amazing

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-secret-cinema-reveals-notverysecret-plan-for-this-summers-immersive-blockbuster-10100249.html
I'd be up for that - sounds good!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
My brother went to the back to the future one and said it was amazing. It's a big wedge of cash but a once in a lifetime experience.
I'm going for sure.

Dfran8

Padawan
Lom said:
£75 per adult apparently, £50 for kids.

Yes, that is what I´ve heared, pending official confirmation. I think it´s worth it.
You pay 50 for a musical, almost 20 for a normal 3D film... this isn´t watching the film, this is living in it.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Unless a full size wampa comes out and attacks the audience, not sure I'd want to spend that much!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I wouldnt be surprised Gary! The back to the future one had characters in costume for the whole movie.

Im looking forward to having an indepth conversation with admiral piett about how we dont need bounty hunter scum.

maxf

Jedi Master
I've been to a few Secret Cinema events and they are generally pretty good fun - although the price keeps rising.

The premise is that you spend a couple of hours before the film in an immersive environment based on the film, you're going to watch - then you watch the film and it all makes sense. Of course normally you don't know the film in advance, so its all a bit of a suprise!

I saw The 3rd Man and The Battle of Algiers, which were excellent - we had no idea which film was being shown and really got into it all; I was 'arrested' and interrogated during one of them.

We saw Top Gun, which was at Canary Wharf which was fun, but not as good as the others... although we ended up getting drunk and spending tons on the dodgems! A highlight was watching the film with a few thousand others, and some very funny audience participation.

I bought 2 tickets for TESB, but really as a bit of FOMO, because £158 was crazy. I think they are grossing about £6m from it, so I hope the 'sets' are spectacular. Its in the summer, so I'm assuming it will be some kind of Bespin and Dagobah themed event - I dont fancy putting my Parka on!

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Can someone explain what it actually is.. £78 to watch a film sounds preposterous. So far all I've heard is waffle and fluff.

Immersive environment? Wtf.. Is that Londoner speak for posters and a guy in monkey suit doing bad chewbacca impressions.

brownbear29

Padawan
A friend who went to the Back to the Future one last year said it was fantastic - a full Hill Valley set, with live action characters acting out parts of the film, audience participation, etc

I'm intrigued enough, and seeing as it's ESB, I bought a ticket.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
June 12th for me... Now gotta decide on the outfit, Jedi Knight or X-Wing pilot. I have both as basic fancy dress options (not trooping quality, but fun all the same), always been tempted to go all out for a set of stormtrooper armour, but I'm hoping June will be warm, so the stormie is likely to be a bit sticky and as the tickets haven't been cheap its an expensive day already!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Im booked for 27th June, anyone else going that day?

Im not sure if its going to be a free for all as far as costumes go, i was told for back to the future they assigned you roles so no one came as one of the main characters. It'll be pretty confusing if there's 25 vaders.

maxf

Jedi Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Im booked for 27th June, anyone else going that day?

Im not sure if its going to be a free for all as far as costumes go, i was told for back to the future they assigned you roles so no one came as one of the main characters. It'll be pretty confusing if there's 25 vaders.

I'm 22nd August - the only Saturday I could get before September!

You're right on costumes - the ones I have been to have been very generic costume, with the actors in the main cast costumes, interacting with the normal folk.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
We got an email the other day saying we're part of rebel X. Is anyone else a rebel? Any Bounty hunters or imperials?

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
I'm looking at getting a ticket for this! Is there an official/unofficial SWFUK date?

Also, do you have to dress up? I'm not much of a fancy dress fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom