For the Love of the Force – Star Wars Convention 4th-6th Dec

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE - FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE STAR WARS FAN CONVENTION DECEMBER 2015 BEC ARENA MCR

DUE TO DEMAND THIS HAS NOW BEEN MADE A 3 DAY EVENT.....

For the Love of the Force – A Star Wars Fan Convention – Celebrating in a Galaxy not so far far away…

Prepare yourself for the UK's biggest Star Wars fan convention of 2015 – Bowlers Exhibition Centre is hosting a Star Wars extravaganza on 4th – 6th December, in celebration of the legions of fans; movie franchise and the hugely anticipated new film – The Force Awakens.

Visitors will have the unique opportunity to meet special guests from the Star Wars movies – including: Pam Rose. Andrew Lawden, Anthony Forrest, Alan Flyng, Peter Roy, Toby Philpot, Chris Muncke and many more. In addition to these actors the legendary Darth Vader himself, Dave Prowse, will be there to meet fans and sign autographs. These are just the confirmed Saturday guests so far, more confirmed actors will be released in stages.

For the Love of the Force provides fans with the opportunity to ask their heroes questions during the live Q & A sessions. The gala also includes photo opportunities – the chance to get a snap with Darth Vader, C-3PO and even get a Stormtrooper selfie.

A full size Scout Walker is being built especially for the event and will be the only one of it's kind in the UK. In addition to this there will be sets including; Cantina Scene, Jabbas Palace (with full scale Jabba the Hutt prop), Ewok Village, Tatooine, Dagobah System and more.

An orchestra will be present to play the iconic film score throughout the weekend. Visitors will also be treated to an array of Star Wars stalls, containing Star Wars merchandise and also exhibitions dedicated to the Droids, Storm Troopers, Han Solo in carbonite, Ewoks and much more A Jedi Training School will be held by Andrew Lawden who trained as a Jedi for Star Wars – Episode 1 – as a stunt double for Liam Neeson. Here he will teach the younglings how to use a lightsabre like a Jedi.

Carl Whiteley, Organiser said: "Star Wars is the biggest movie franchise of all time and has legions of fans of all ages. This fan convention is for the fans and gives them the opportunity to meet their heroes face to face. This event will be for people of all ages, and with the event taking place two weeks before the release of the new film, there will be massive hype around Star Wars and this will give fans something special ."

The organiser said: "We are delighted to host such a prestigious event. I am a huge Star Wars fan and we will be putting everything we have into making this event special. Bowlers is the ideal place for an event like this as we have so much space… so much space we can build a full size Scout Walker." For more information email [email protected] or visit the website http://www.starwarsuk.co.uk

For more information please contact Carl Whiteley or: [email protected] or [email protected]

New announcements are made weekly about the event on http://www.starwarsuk.co.uk

VIP gets you;
FLF official wristband
FLF Lanyard with programme
Access to VIP area
Queue Jump
Complimentary Meal/Drink
FLF official poster
Forbidden planet discount voucher
Goody bag
Personalised photo shoot with Star Wars actor

For tickets including concessions, adults, family, 3 day passes, gold & platinum VIP, click here :- http://skdl.it/1e2rmAX
Join the official event here :- https://www.facebook.com/events/363658490501918/

Attachments

• yyy.PNG
    yyy.PNG
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • e.PNG
    e.PNG
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,427

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Organiser is seemingly about as popular as syphilis.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25349

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The guys a crook who tried to offload Toytoni MOCs knowing that they were suspect/guilty of post factory seals.

And his lawyer is baboon shunter.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Is he actually allowed to do this so called convention without permission from Lucus or Disney?? I noticed his little disclaimer at the bottom not connecting the event with Disney or Lucusfilm :!:
I noticed the main attraction of this set up is Dave Prowse, a guy who fell out with Lucus :!:

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
This is next weekend. We are going on the Saturday. Anyone else going? According to the "fact sheet" I got sent yesterday, it says there will be "vintage toy stands". Does anyone know who this will be?

To be fair it looks like the organisers have up a lot into this. Not quite celebration but the closest I'll get.

afsupplies

Padawan
7000+ people a day expected to attend, only 600 car parking spaces allocated for the event and Man Utd are playing on Saturday afternoon just up the road. I pity anyone with Saturday afternoon tickets trying to get in on time.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yep the organiser is an absolute A1 arrogant prick :!: The best thing he ever did was selling up his collection! I hope his event goes 'tits up' so he stays out our community for good :!: :!:

maxf

Jedi Master
I'm surprised he hasn't had some nasty legal letters from Disney - perhaps they're waiting for the event to make some money before bankrupting him.

I'm going to start an event:

MASSIVE PROFIT MAKING STAR WARS SHOW WITH STAR WARS STUFF AND STAR WARS THINGSATHON*
*not connected to Star Wars in any way

Not going to wash in any court when Disney come knocking.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
maxf said:
I'm surprised he hasn't had some nasty legal letters from Disney - perhaps they're waiting for the event to make some money before bankrupting him.

I'm going to start an event:

MASSIVE PROFIT MAKING STAR WARS SHOW WITH STAR WARS STUFF AND STAR WARS THINGSATHON*
*not connected to Star Wars in any way

Not going to wash in any court when Disney come knocking.

:lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
They just repeated it on BBC news. Looks good to be fair, but I still wouldn't go to something run by Action Force Toys after his performance on here. Will be interested to see if Disney have anything to say about this :)

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Had a chat with Andy a while back and Disney already know about it and he has been in consultation with them. They had to change the wording of the event but other than that they were OK with it. Not my cup of tea though. Seeing events like this and comic con etc I realise I am more of a toy collector than a fanboy despite my love of Star Wars. I'm not one for autographs and dressing up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom