Toy fair NEC Sunday 21st June

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Went to the last one, some good bits there now and again, but it is very hit and miss. Great if you love trains and cars or the smell of stale sweat and B.O. that tends to waft through the air at these type of events.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Totally agree. More miss than hit. Vintage Star Wars tends to be thin on the ground these days. Lego seems to be the upcoming big thing at toy fairs now, with more and more sellers popping up.

Vialli

Padawan
I'm going to this too Carl, i've been to the last 3 or 4. There's always a few bits there mate, though, like the guys said, nothing major.
Always worth a visit in my eyes if only for an hour or so, you never know unless you go.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Will be along as well, have picked up some great pieces from here before some good moc at fair prices

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I was going to try and get to this, but I've got the in-laws coming down this weekend so have been told I can't go anywhere, not even the beer fest in the village :(

Vialli

Padawan
Carl, I'll be leaving about 10ish and I'll be there for a couple of hours, if I see you in your UK garrison top I will definitely say hello. :D

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Did anyone go? I picked up my first moc for years :D

IMG-20150621-WA0000_zps6amgnvbk.jpg
[/URL

Vialli

Padawan
Nice score Carl, I was there mate. I was looking out for you but our paths couldn't have crossed, either that or I had my head buried in vintage ! :D

Griff

Padawan
I went compared to normal there was loads of vintage goodness there wished it was like that all the time :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Agreed Griff, there was some rich pickings for a change!

Here's my haul:

DSCN1278.jpg

MINT 12" Jawa, opened but unused £150
Palitoy Fett ESB cardback £10
Palitoy box for MLC3 with instruction sheet and insert (no vehicle) £10
Loose raised bar China Stomtrooper (no weapon) £15
Loose No COO Stormtrooper with gun £8

and bargain of the day...loose Tri Logo Fett painted dart/unpainted knee...£25.

It's always worth rooting round those loose figure boxes :wink:

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Is there usually less vintage at these fairs? Tbh was hoping there would have been a little more! However I certainly didn't have the cash for much more lol

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Trust me when I tell you there is usually MUCH less.

There were 3 or 4 dealers there that I've not seen before. One guy turned up to sell what looked to be his collection, he had some great items. There were quite a few vultures round his table as he was setting up!

I normally turn up at 8-ish and pay the early bird £10 - it's worth it.

Met a couple of new faces and had a good chat, also met up with forum member LDR again, hope he had a good day in the end.

Vialli

Padawan
There was a bit more there than usual, I managed to pick up 3 carded ROTJ figures, (Logray, Madine and Leia combat poncho) they're nothing major but for the price it was rude not to. Nice find with the Tri Logo Fett Sublevelstudios, might try the early bird entry myself next time.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Great buys everyone! Vialli, I think I was looking at the very logray and Leia poncho you most likely brought! Hopefully we may see some resurgence of vintage a toy fairs! :)

Vialli

Padawan
Yes Carl, normally the price for MOC's is quite steep at these fairs now, got them off a guy from Wales who was doing is first show in 12 years apparently, there was plenty of people sniffing around his stall. The ones I got are in no way pristine but they have a decent backing card and the bubbles are all undamaged, just a little yellowing, I got the 3 for £75 which I thought was very reasonable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom