SWFUK London - Meet Up - Fri 18 Sep 2015

scottie_boy

Padawan
Taking inspiration from the Midland boys, I was hoping to put together a SWF Member gathering in London this Friday (appreciate that this is short notice).

Jonathan (J_G) and I (Scottie_boy) are meeting up in London on Friday for some cardback trades, now a few other SWF members are also getting together for a beer (possible meal) Friday evening, so wanted to know if other Members can make it along?

With the next Farthest From still a long way off, this seemed like a reasonable excuse (if one were needed!) for SWF Members to gather for beer (& curry).

The more the merrier, so give us a shout if you're about :D

So far

Scottie_boy (David)
J_G (Jonathan)
Mr-Shifter (Ben)
Waltham Wookie (James)
Sith-Smith (Gary) tbc
Mr Palitoy (Jason)
Bramistuta25 (Bram) tbc

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Would love to mate, but off to see W.A.S.P

Give us a bit more notice and I would love to join.

JESUS CHRIST GRANT,YOU ARE A METAL MAN :D

I love W.A.S.P. man, Chris Holmes is one of the most underrated guitarists ever and one of my favorites. And Blackie, what a character.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I'd be up for meeting, don't have too many spare cardbacks but will bring what I have (also a few spare diecasts and possibly a few MOC's).

Beer sounds good but curry ain't for me.

Let me know details.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Not sure Martin. I will come in to Victoria but I will have a travel card. I'd prefer not to do too many swaps on the tube but will go anywhere. Not sure wether it will be best to stay Central or head to the outskirts.

I think David (Scotty boy) is handling the details.

J_G

Padawan
Excited to see you all tomorrow evening.

So are we thinking just a beer?

Or a beer and curry?!

I guess the pro with a curry is we can book ahead and it will relatively quiet with our own space (pubs will be busy in central London on Friday night). Con is the cost!

I'm happy either way.

How about a show of hands?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
As a pro eater, beer and curry gets my vote. I will be getting back home late ish so will not have time to eat. Wether that's a curry or a filthy kebab i will eat something.

Rob, come to the curry house even if you don't eat. There will be plenty of beer and star wars chat.

Anyone want a short mouth biker scout that's going. I will also bring a bag of spare weapons and loose figures that i will be selling soon to look at.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
How about just picking a boozer and a time and then just take it from there tomorrow? It'll be easier to work out who wants to eat what when you're all together.

scottie_boy

Padawan
Lom said:
How about just picking a boozer and a time and then just take it from there tomorrow? It'll be easier to work out who wants to eat what when you're all together.

Personally, I'm more in this camp, start out @ the pub, then individuals can decide if they are just dropping by for a beer/say hello on the way home, and later in the evening any remaining "hive of scum & villainy" can opt for a suitable source of nourishment (I'm sure there will be a group there until the end, myself included!) :D

I know several members are travelling into London (rather than being based in London) so will have Travelcards available to get pretty much anywhere, but being reasonably central, or close to a mainline rail station by the end of the evening would be an advantage for those of us heading back out of London.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Sounds good....so far I've bundled together some cardbacks, diecasts and quite a few loose jawas and yodas. Also have a spare Boba Fett action figure comic variant if anyone wanted me to bring that along.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom