SWFUK @ Celebration London

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

With the SWFUK T-Shirts being ordered:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28988

I thought it might be an idea to find out if we want to do anything else has a community.

In the US theSWCA through an Archive Party and organise room sales.

Is this something we could do this time?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd be up for boozing and purchasing vintage, defo! What would be the best evening to do something - Saturday?

Joe

Grand Master
Would be great if everyone could meet up Friday AND Saturday night for a drink but I guess it depends greatly on who is coming for all 3 days and where people will be (hotels etc). Might be an idea to work out where all of us are staying ahead of time so that we can pick somewhere to meet up that works for everyone?

The American guys will no doubt plan ahead and try to work their own room sale events close to wherever they are staying. Shouldn't be too hard to work out where things are happening nearer the time though and I'm sure the site will also have a good run down of what's happening each day if people want to pair up/group up and go together.

Sean1Sgaming

Youngling
I'm there for the Saturday only but it was a nice surprise when the missus told me she had got us tickets for my birthday. Never been to a Star Wars event so not sure what to expect but I know that i'm going to love it. Any advice on what to keep an eye out for guys?

Ren Solo

Padawan
Can count me in for a meet up. There all 3 days but going down on the Thursday and coming home on the Monday so any night is good for me.

andygo

Padawan
I'll be there for all 3 days... and the Thursday before for set-up and the Monday after for break-down...

Staying at the Premier Inn next door to the convention centre, if it's anything like other celebrations, the bars in the hotels next door are the places to hang out... Just follow the jedi's wandering around with a sabre in one hand and a pint in the other.. Room sales usually on the Saturday night... follow the drunken people with boxes full of MOC's wandering purposefully...

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
You should liase with Gus. There will deffo be a room sales night in one of the hotels. Where are most of the Yanks staying? That may be the social hub for the collectors track. The Fox/Excel is the other traditional watering hole. Maybe we can book a room there one of the nights.

Jason

creature

Youngling
I definitely want to meet up for a pint. I think the hotel of choice for us Yanks is the Ramada at the East end of Excel. That would be my guess for where the room sales will be on Saturday. (sold out when I checked so I ended up at the Ibis Styles North of Excel)

I met Mr. Palitoy in Anaheim and purchased from Grant before off of Rebel Scum, hoping to meet many more of you at the convention.

maxf

Jedi Master
robpmarsh said:
I'm going all 3 days but will be travelling from home each day (luckily near Lewisham DLR)

Will be good to meet/drink

Sounds like we're down the road from each other!

Richard_H

Grand Master
creature said:
I definitely want to meet up for a pint. I think the hotel of choice for us Yanks is the Ramada at the East end of Excel. That would be my guess for where the room sales will be on Saturday. (sold out when I checked so I ended up at the Ibis Styles North of Excel)

I met Mr. Palitoy in Anaheim and purchased from Grant before off of Rebel Scum, hoping to meet many more of you at the convention.

Cool, look forward to meeting up

Tickion

Padawan
I don't know what to expect as never been to one before but its a short hop on the cable car from my folks so booked for the Friday. I hate queues so don't know how I'll fare.

I'm up for a pint after (prob during too) and room sales sound intriguing....

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Celebrtation SWAG question...

I've not been to a Celebration before, but have been told there is a great deal of 'swag' trading that goes on... I'm not personally a big fan of 'tat and gubbins', but my kids will love me coming home with a bag of random rubbish, so...

What is the general volume of items you can get your hands on / worth having and is most of it a giveaway or is it actually worth taking along a bundle of exchangable items to trade? I've been working on a little project to create some pieces (SWF.UK logo applied with Ed's permission) and wanted to get a feel for how many to produce. I was thinking maybe 10-15 a day and a few spare for friends and keeps of course...

Any steer greatly appreciated

Cheers
Steve

Richard_H

Grand Master
I did 250 badges at Essen and came home with about 120. You can trade badges for other badges.

However, booths and panels will also have swag that they will not expect anything in recompense for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom