Star Wars celebration 2017 announced !!!

itfciain

Grand Master
Was just going to post this - looks like a few of you might be heading out my way next year

http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/683435-star-wars-celebration-2017-set-to-take-place-in-orlando?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=star-wars-celebration-2017-set-to-take-place-in-orlando#/slide/1

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
On hold with Disney as I type :)

Having recently been checking hotel prices in Orlando for this time next year a couple of weeks back I can say that rates for accommodation have already risen by between 10% and in some cases 100%. Nothing like opportunism by the buggers!

Disney resort package prices have gone from being a little pricey to reasonable value as they've not changed at all.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Celebration are offering the Hilton which is next to the Convention Centre for a reasonable $179 a night. There is so much accommodation in Orlando that you won't struggle to find somewhere affordable.

Flights, on the other hand :/ Book accommodation now, buy Celebration tickets on 25th May and you won't find out how much your flights will be until they release them in July :( (I think it's 9 months in advance they release flights)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Permission has been granted, however I'm not sure how it will go down now we know it's Easter. Any other weekend and it would have been fine.

It is the Disney factor. Almost certain that they will be opening the Star Wars section of the theme park and they want to pick a busy weekend.

This is very frustrating.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I will be there (I hope) but Easter is odd. Lots of religious people in the States and this is an odd weekend. However, any other weekend and I couldn't make it so I'll take it. Flights are looking at £620 return ish.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Well, she's fine with me going for Easter but my dad will have to have my daughter for a day or two over Easter.

I am 99% confirmed. Flight costs will be a factor but I have several tricks up my sleeve.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just mentioned this to beloved; she said 'well, why don't you go?'

Looks like I have a pass!

Can't afford to go mind, but at least I have a pass!

:mrgreen:

Starzone

Padawan

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 899

Jez

Sith Lord
Jesus H Titty Christ, please can we enjoy something here in July first?
I'm not sure about next year. But lets not dilute Celebration Europe.

Richard_H

Grand Master
There is very little information on CE3. It looks like it's being done on the cheap by either an inexperienced or disinterested group. Complaints are rife about lack of....
It's only natural therefore, especially for those who couldn't do Anaheim, that this news is exciting. It is less than one year away. Whatever CE3 turns out to be we know C8 will be bigger and better.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hotel booked: Doubletree at the Hilton next to SeaWorld, which means my wife and daughter are sorted for a couple of days :)

Was surprised by how many of the Celebration listed hotels are already booked up. There should be no shortage of accommodation in the area though, International Drive is rammed with hotels.

Good thing is that by booking through Celebration you can cancel up to 48 hrs prior to arrival without penalty. Also, was about £400 cheaper than booking the same thing through Hotels.com.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom