No Rancho Obi Wan at Celebration

Ren Solo

Padawan
Rancho Obi Wan have just put out that they won't be at Celebration. But gutted as I was hoping they'd have a exhibit like at Germany. Oh well, just got to save them pennies for a trip to Petaluma.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
This is my first Celebration so I don't know; do they always attend? If so, is there anything to be read into this? Regardless, it's a shame.

Ren Solo

Padawan
It's my first one too. I know that they attend the ones in the US but don't think they've done them all. They had an exhibition at CE2 if I remember right too ( I'm sure someone on here will confirm). Was hoping they'd bring some things over but I had a feeling that they weren't during the recent Rebel Force Radio special when Steve Sansweet didn't mention it in his upcoming events. It's a real shame but can imagine it must be a logistical nightmare to get the stuff shipped safely. Maybe a cost thing.

Jez

Sith Lord
We need some good announcements soon.
All i am hearing is USA this, Orlando that. I appreciate that you can't beat the big USA Celebrations but come on, give us some big news soon please!

OK, i know we have had some Celebration track news but i want more! Addicted i am :)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I fear there maybe some pretty bad news as far as Celebration is concerned, I was speaking to one of the member here the other day & he was saying that it's all being kept really quiet, but that the venue is only half the size it was last time (hence the tickets selling out so quickly), Rancho Obi Wan will deffo not be attending dam shame :| (yes he was at CE2 BTW).

Also most vintage sellers are avoiding it as they are asking a stupid sum for a stall, some funding has been withdrawn for groups attending the event & the list seemed to go on& on about negative issues with disorganized event management & Disney not really looking to go the extra mile to make it something special, which I was pretty shocked to hear, seems we in Europe are not worth the effort & they will be concentration on funding & promoting the stateside ones, pretty piss poor state of affairs by all accounts :evil:

Sorry for piss poor news, please don't shoot the messenger.

Richard_H

Grand Master
This is all pretty common knowledge but is incorrect in some aspects. I've seen the floor plans and other documents. Yes it's not been handled well but celebration is what you make of it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not going for the vintage sellers in the halls, so that's fine with me :)

I'm there to meet friends, like minded fools, go to the room sales, listen to some cool presentations, meet the likes of Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, get a few autographs, have a laugh, get a little bit drunk, make a fool of myself and irritate the **** out of Stu.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Never been to a Celebration and to be honest the thing I'm looking forward to most is finally meeting and chatting with forum members.

I'll take a few bits for trade for the sale rooms but I doubt there'll be anything there vintage wise I'll be able to afford.

Also looking forward to spending 3 nights getting pissed with Jim, Barry, Stef and Jimbo and anyone else who's up for a few beers :)

Starzone

Padawan
I've attended every celebration apart for the 1st, there are always negative comments and announcements always seem late. There's always a ton going on behind the scenes and I've had a fantastic time at every one I've attended.

They've taken plenty of space, over two sides of the hall and I expect this one to be just as much fun as the previous ones......its SW, friends, beers so how could it not be fun :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Never been to a Celebration event, so I'm pretty certain that if something (or a host of things) are 'missing' I'll still manage to be a little overwhelmed by it anyway. As a few others have said, meeting a few Forum chaps and a few OT stars is my main motivation for going anyway.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:

I'm there to meet friends, like minded fools, go to the room sales, listen to some cool presentations, meet the likes of Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, get a few autographs, have a laugh, get a little bit drunk, make a fool of myself and irritate the **** out of Stu.

Wow this is identical to my reasons but the last word instead of Stu was going to be Butchers, we're so alike

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Wow this is identical to my reasons but the last word instead of Stu was going to be Butchers, we're so alike

It's like Twins but I got the looks and the brains

Joe

Grand Master
It's a shame to hear that Sansweet won't be bringing a Rancho Obi Wan exhibit at CE as it was one of the things I was really looking forward to seeing in person (he always brings some amazing Vintage stuff) however it's not the end of the world. As others have said, it's still a long weekend full of beer, star wars and long time forum friends with a sprinkle of Vintage on top (if you are lucky enough to find something at a good price).

I've really got no expectations (never been to a Celebration) but I know it's still going to be a great event because of the people who are going.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
After meeting some of you guys at the 2 recent London meet-ups i reckon this is gonna be a hilarious 3 day/nights.

Hopefully i can find a few room sales to satisfy my Leia Hoth urges and I get to see some cool stuff in the main halls.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Don't get down guys. What are you hoping for. There will be exclusive rogue one content, plenty of autograph guests, plenty of exclusives and there will be enough vintage to satisfy everyone.

This will be my fourth celebration. Hate to break it to you but most of the hall will be full of big companies with the loosest connection to Star Wars you could imagine. Ea will have a huge presence, as will funko, Lego etc etc etc. There were travel agents and luggage companies that had stalls at the last one.

What makes these events, at least for me, are the like minded people that you will get to meet. The collectors track is fantastic, and the social scene amongst the collectors top notch.

I can't wait to see friends old and new, and to make some more.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've got no expectations, my first one also. No point getting all bah humbug about it. I'm sure there'll be more than enough going on to keep us amused. Anyway, it's not about vintage, I'm not going for that. It's about Star Wars and hanging out with other fans. I'm looking forward to all the prop stuff and costumes too. There's some good tours of Sansweets collection on youtube anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom