Celebration Europe 3 - SWFUK meet up/social

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hi chaps.

I have been chatting with joe this weekend about a meet up for SWFUK during celebration, as he seems to have been designated the unofficial official organiser. Hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here but I thought it might be high time to get some sort of social sorted.

I was thinking the best night might be Friday as come Saturday people may be lagging a bit. In Anaheim jenni Bennett organised something similar for the Facebook groups and found a place called Dave and busters which worked really well. Large venue with food and drink but the possibility to have either in a large mixed group.

I am aware a lot of you will be looking forward to the room sales and I'm hoping not to clash with those but as we aren't sure yet when the caveat to this could be we move it at the last minute. Also, the room sales tend to be late, after 11pm so we could do both easily (this is what happened in Anaheim)

Seems there is not a lot around Canary Wharf, so a couple of places I found locally that fit the bill are as follows:

http://www.bavarian-beerhouse.co.uk/london/london-tower-hill/

Octoberfest themed place. Big tables, lots of food and beer by the litre. Get as rowdy as you like. It's on the dlr a few stops down

http://www.brooklynbowl.com/london/

Bowling alley at the o2 I believe owned in part by jay z. Has a large bar area, does food and we could go bowling if we wanted to. Don't let the bowling alley put you off though, it's not Hollywood bowl.

Like I said, it will likely be 7pm on the Friday onwards. Meet up, have a drink and those that want order themselves something to eat.

Open to any other venue suggestions but I imagine we will end up back at the excell after so I didn't want to venture too far into London proper.

Let me know what you guys think and if you would be interested so we could get a rough idea on numbers and see how viable it will all be.

Thanks

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
sounds like a plan. I'm in!

hoping someone will be nice and volunteer their room to be the designated drop-off point for those of us not staying in the area.

Joe

Grand Master
As I said Ben, I'm in whatever day is decided on, Friday or Saturday. Great idea on the locations as I haven't been bowling for ages and could prove to be a nice little break from the 24/7 SW lol. Thanks for helping sort something out!!

Joe

Grand Master
If (as per Iain's thread) the room sales go ahead on Friday night at the novotel then perhaps we can go for Saturday instead? Unless we do the meet up early evening and get back for the room sales, suppose it's possible to do both depending on what time they start.

Quite interested to see how UK hotel security/staff handle an invasion of people who aren't actually staying there :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I agree joe. If we end up going to the German place 4 litres of Octoberfest beer followed by room sales could **** anyone's bank balance.

Saturday it is.

Anyone interested? Names please just for a rough idea. No commitment at this stage.

x-pack

Grand Master
I'll go with the flow. Probably won't get lashed on Saturday as it's a trek back the next day. German beer hall sounds ace but not fussed what we do :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Thursday is the Fox and curry, Friday will be the Novotel and Room sales.

Saturday is the only free day. The bavarian place is near my work and is pretty good. The D&B thing that Jenni organised at Anaheim worked pretty well, and this may appeal to the Americans coming over.

Might be too late to get a big enough table now though.

Jason

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
I agree joe. If we end up going to the German place 4 litres of Octoberfest beer followed by room sales could **** anyone's bank balance.

Saturday it is.

Anyone interested? Names please just for a rough idea. No commitment at this stage.

I'll have a few beers with you on Saturday,as long as I get back to Victoria Coach Station for 11.30pm in one piece! :lol:

Mark

Joe

Grand Master
What's the score?

George-Dawes.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom