Celebration Noob - Advice needed

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hello all at Star Wars Addicts Anonymous, my name is Matt and I'm a Celebration noob...

Am hoping to get some advice on how to make the most of my day at Celebration? Never attended any kind of Con before and due to family commitments I can only attend Celebration on Sunday 17th.

If it's possible to get into one, I would like the experience of attending one of the big panels. On the Sunday the one that interests me most is 'Future Of Star Wars' which appears to close out Celebration at 3pm. Any guidance on how to get a seat for this panel? Are they designated seat numbers or is it 'first come' gets the best seats? I don't want to spend a whole day queueing and miss the other attractions so any hints or tips would be really appreciated.

What else do you suggest I should see or do to really get the best out of the day?

I'm actually going to be visiting alone so have good amount of freedom, it would be great to see any of you guys there too and put some faces to names, and would really appreciate any advice.

Richard_H

Grand Master
First come first served. I'd go to the panel about an hour before entry. You're taking a gamble but hell you don't want to queue all day! Catch one of the collecting track panels too. Wander around the hall, try to get glimpses of Hamill and all of the SW actors when they're signing.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Enjoy yourself mate, wish I was going but that **** thing called WORK has bent me over again, bastard work :(

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
Enjoy yourself mate, wish I was going but that **** thing called WORK has bent me over again, bastard work :(

Thanks, and I hope you get to see some of the livestream stuff at least. It's been a while since the Rogue One trailer and only 4 months till release so I defo think we will see some new footage. Maybe even some sneak peek of EP VIII too.

maxf

Jedi Master
Given the queuing system - I'm thinking that sitting in a pub with wi-fi and livestreaming a couple of the panels might be a good idea!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
maxf said:
Given the queuing system - I'm thinking that sitting in a pub with wi-fi and livestreaming a couple of the panels might be a good idea!

Max, to clarify. Am I right that to attend the big 3pm Future Of Star Wars panel that I would need to cue first thing in the morning at around 6am to get a wristband, and then cue again at perhaps around 2pm outside the auditorium to actually get a half-decent seat inside?

maxf

Jedi Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
maxf said:

Max, to clarify. Am I right that to attend the big 3pm Future Of Star Wars panel that I would need to cue first thing in the morning at around 6am to get a wristband, and then cue again at perhaps around 2pm outside the auditorium to actually get a half-decent seat inside?

I really don't know, but think so. Queue for the wristband, then as it's not allocated seating, queue again.

I'm not one for lining up, so will be sticking to the collectors track events mainly I think.

spoons

Grand Master
maxf said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
maxf said:

I really don't know, but think so. Queue for the wristband, then as it's not allocated seating, queue again.

I'm not one for lining up, so will be sticking to the collectors track events mainly I think.

I'm the same Max. I've just been planning my panels and wouldn't you know it both the Palitoy and Vintage Rebellion panel clash with some crackers - David Collins and Lego/make a lightsaber! Some big decisions to be made...

Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels/Warwick Davis would be good ones to go to but not worth queuing. As I'm taking my kids we will be queuing for Star Wars Rebels on the main stage but not that fussed about anything else.

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Hello all at Star Wars Addicts Anonymous, my name is Matt and I'm a Celebration noob...

Am hoping to get some advice on how to make the most of my day at Celebration? Never attended any kind of Con before and due to family commitments I can only attend Celebration on Sunday 17th.

If it's possible to get into one, I would like the experience of attending one of the big panels. On the Sunday the one that interests me most is 'Future Of Star Wars' which appears to close out Celebration at 3pm. Any guidance on how to get a seat for this panel? Are they designated seat numbers or is it 'first come' gets the best seats? I don't want to spend a whole day queueing and miss the other attractions so any hints or tips would be really appreciated.

What else do you suggest I should see or do to really get the best out of the day?

I'm actually going to be visiting alone so have good amount of freedom, it would be great to see any of you guys there too and put some faces to names, and would really appreciate any advice.

I was a noob yesterday and learnt a lot!!

Yes you need a wrist band for each of the main panels, on friday i got there between 7:30 and 8, strolled in, picked up my badge, then went straight in to get the Mark Hamill and Rogue One wristbands, didn't have to queue, queues for these are right next to badge collection.

The wrist bands were running out at this time though, and don't know how different it will be at the weekend, and i'm guessing that the last panel will be the most popular! I'd say get there as early as you can, and resign yourself to you may not get in and try not to be disappointed if you don't, there's plenty of other stuff to do.

Know that you will queue! There is nothing more certain, panels, the celebration store, food, even the gents toilet.

Make the best if the queues, chat to the people around you, make friends, learn stuff :D In one queue i learnt about american politics.

If you're trading the emoji pins, look for members of staff in black tshirts with a blue lanyard and pins on it, and just ask them! Took me far too long to find that out.

If you don't get in to the panels you want, find some of the other smaller things to go to, i think i'd have been disappointed if i'd just wandered around the show floor all day, though that will be quieter while the panels are on.

Enjoy dude!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Mrleemur said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

I was a noob yesterday and learnt a lot!!

Yes you need a wrist band for each of the main panels, on friday i got there between 7:30 and 8, strolled in, picked up my badge, then went straight in to get the Mark Hamill and Rogue One wristbands, didn't have to queue, queues for these are right next to badge collection.

The wrist bands were running out at this time though, and don't know how different it will be at the weekend, and i'm guessing that the last panel will be the most popular! I'd say get there as early as you can, and resign yourself to you may not get in and try not to be disappointed if you don't, there's plenty of other stuff to do.

Know that you will queue! There is nothing more certain, panels, the celebration store, food, even the gents toilet.

Make the best if the queues, chat to the people around you, make friends, learn stuff :D In one queue i learnt about american politics.

If you're trading the emoji pins, look for members of staff in black tshirts with a blue lanyard and pins on it, and just ask them! Took me far too long to find that out.

If you don't get in to the panels you want, find some of the other smaller things to go to, i think i'd have been disappointed if i'd just wandered around the show floor all day, though that will be quieter while the panels are on.

Enjoy dude!

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this, it is really appreciated. I got my Sunday ticket at 8.15am, the wristband queue had already run out for the Future Star Wars panel but I did get a band to the auditorium to watch it on live stream, and I also got the wristband for the Warwick Davies / Ray Park panel which was a lot of fun. Talked to loads of random fans, and great to see the Vintage Rebellion live show - who knew Stu, Rich, Petey Wetey, Jez and Grant were so devilishly handsome in the flesh, eh! Brilliant day!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom