Star Wars Celebration 8 Orlando April 13th - 16th 2017

Dfran8

Padawan
I got the 4 Days pass for Celebration Orlando.
Hotel Booked. No flight yet.
I also want to go a couple of days to 2 of the 4 Disney parks, and another 2 days for Universal Resort.
:) :)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I'm looking to go.....would be good if we could try and get booked into the same hotel where possible.

Jason, can you post your hotel details?

I'll probably go for a week as I'll want to visit the outlets and at least Epcot while i'm there (I'm addicted to the Mission Space ride!!!)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
I'm looking to go.....would be good if we could try and get booked into the same hotel where possible.

Jason, can you post your hotel details?

I'll probably go for a week as I'll want to visit the outlets and at least Epcot while i'm there (I'm addicted to the Mission Space ride!!!)

Ive booked through skyscanner.com for flights. Cost me £377 for a direct flight from Gatwick on Tuesday 11th, returning via Detroit to Heathrow on Monday 17th.

Planning on hitting Disneyland or similar on Wednesday 12th.

Am staying at the Orlando Metropolitan resort. Think Rich has booked there too. That was £377/$492 for 6 nights with approx $90 of additional tax and surcharge for a twin room with Queen beds through booking.com. WIll be half that if you share. No money needed up front for the hotel and can be cancelled up until the day before arrival without incurring costs. Has a shuttle bus to Disney/Universal/Sea World. airportshuttles.com can be booked for a return from MCO Orlando Airport to orlando Met for $40. Haven't booked that yet.

A 4 day pass to celebration is $160 with tax payable up front. I also bought 2 lanyards and a guide so paid $200.

cheers Jason

IKnow

Youngling
We were already going the following weekend for the RunDisney Star Wars Dark Side Challenge (a Half Marathon & 10k over 2 days) and managed to get Celebration VIP tickets again but starting to dread it a bit after how knackered we were after this one!

All the advice says we should rest the weekend before :lol: At least I will have a bit of an idea of what to expect this time

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
yoda said:
I'd love to go to that! Will the starwars world be completed by that date?
I doubt that Star Wars land will be completed by then, just look at Avatar Land they started construction in 2014 and they are hoping to open that in 2017.

andygo

Padawan
Flights sorted as well, great deals at the moment, got return flights, direct from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic for £374 via netflights.com.
Cheaper than getting the train to Newcastle and back !!!!! :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
andygo said:
Flights sorted as well, great deals at the moment, got return flights, direct from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic for £374 via netflights.com.
Cheaper than getting the train to Newcastle and back !!!!! :)

What dates did you use Andy?

Commander Clint

Padawan
My wife gave me the ok to go. :lol: Flights from Toronto to Orlando aren't to badly priced at $349 round trip. Now I just need to book a room. :)

andygo

Padawan
Flying out on the 11th and back on the 18th, Tuesday to Tuesday. Expedia had the same flights but they were around 50 quid dearer. I think it fluctuates as the cheapest direct flights I'd seen before were around the 600 qiid mark. Probably worthwhile plugging it in evey day and when a deal pops up, book it.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Yes I think you're right. I checked the next day for flights and they were £120 higher. I think anything sub £400 is a deal and you've got to take it.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Seeing flights with 1 stop for £440 which ain't too bad.

Issue is somewhere to stay at the moment. Is anyone up for sharing a room?

Some of you met me at Celebration so know i'm not a complete nutcase 8)

I'm looking at 11th - 18th dates

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Flights are all over the place at the moment. It's the return leg that causes the issue as if you fly Tuesday Wednesday its off peak but returning is premium days.

I have seen quite a few reasonable flights back. It's getting the stop right. There is a two stopper that isn't so bad that comes back via Iceland, but no leg of the journey is more than five hours and no stopover is longer than 1hr 40.

I value my time too much though, and am looking at direct flights out of gatwick. So far it's about £850 so I will hang fire for a bit until prices come down.

The best deal seems to be Norwegian air, who do direct flights for around £250 each way but only fly two days a week so it's weighing up cost of staying for a few days versus paying a bit extra.

If the worst comes to the worst I will sell a moc. They can always be replaced but these experiences can't.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Found the same thing, Ben. As we're doing the family holiday thing at the same time the Norwegian Air flies when we'd be happy going and would work out at £340 each. Reading reviews, though, it's more Ryanair than BA. I'm holding on for Virgin flights to hit £300 again (which they did late on Sunday night and by 0600 were back to £500+. Such a con as that was various flights across a whole week that moved down and up in one go so it's **** all to do with demand).

Hold on to your nevrves, boys, and I think you'll see appropriate flights for less than £400 again. Just have to jump on them when you can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom