Header image

Tickets for STAR WARS INDENTITIES go on sale tomorrow.

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Tickets for STAR WARS INDENTITIES go on sale tomorrow.

Postby Darth Bobby » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:51 am

SAVORY100 wrote:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:
For me it was some good / some bad. The bad for me was the 'Identities' element which they have as a running thread through the exhibition. This is basically a bit like a video game character creator. In each area you add a bit more to your character, and then at the end you are shown your character assembled from the handful of generic traits you have selected - pretty meaningless and a distraction from the good stuff. The good stuff being the props, costumes and models.

I think this sums it up for me in many ways... the technology and interactive part kinda sucks, but as I attended with a mate and his kid, it did keep her entertained while we looked at the props and artwork.

For me the highlight was the concept art that was dotted through the exhibit. I enjoyed seeing these first hand far more than the props.

My lowlight was the lighting; very poor and often overly reflective.

Maybe I'm thick but I thought the cards explaining what things were were a bit ambiguous? Was the Ralph Mcquarrie artwork of C3PO and R2D2 etc the actual original?

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:
For me it was some good / some bad. The bad for me was the 'Identities' element which they have as a running thread through the exhibition. This is basically a bit like a video game character creator. In each area you add a bit more to your character, and then at the end you are shown your character assembled from the handful of generic traits you have selected - pretty meaningless and a distraction from the good stuff. The good stuff being the props, costumes and models.

I think this sums it up for me in many ways... the technology and interactive part kinda sucks, but as I attended with a mate and his kid, it did keep her entertained while we looked at the props and artwork.

For me the highlight was the concept art that was dotted through the exhibit. I enjoyed seeing these first hand far more than the props.

Maybe I'm thick but I thought the cards explaining what things were were a bit ambiguous? Was the Ralph Mcquarrie artwork of C3PO and R2D2 etc the actual original?

It's listed in the catalogue as being 'Production Painting', so I would think so... who knows though really...
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:12 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:
Darth Bobby wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:

It's listed in the catalogue as being 'Production Painting', so I would think so... who knows though really...

Hope it's the original. Pretty nice paintings would look nice in my house. Thanks.

ruletheworld
New User
New User

Postby ruletheworld » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:31 pm

do you have any fresh links where I can llok for tickest this year?

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:54 pm

I saw this last weekend and it's not worth the money. There's one part which is great and worth £10 to see alone. The rest of it scrapes a fiver and the interactive bit is shit and just causes congestion .
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Return to “Star Wars Events”