Tickets for STAR WARS INDENTITIES go on sale tomorrow.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I don't know anything about it but tickets go on sale tomorrow:

http://m.starwarsidentities.com/

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah I'm going to wait and see what it's all about. Tussards is really good, well worth the money. Jabba is great.

Tusken Raider

Youngling
Travelled down from Liverpool for the opening weekend of Star Wars IDENTITIES on the 19th November.

Personally I enjoyed it, guys. Wasn't overly fussed on the outcome of which Star Wars Identity I was, but seeing copies of the original artwork and costumes etc. was really good. 90 minutes [at least} to complete the whole exhibition with taking it all in. Overall, I enjoyed it. Another exhibition for the CV.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I drove to Paris to see this exhibition when it was on over there - wish i'd have known back then it was coming to London next!

For me it was some good / some bad. The bad for me was the 'Identities' element which they have as a running thread through the exhibition. This is basically a bit like a video game character creator. In each area you add a bit more to your character, and then at the end you are shown your character assembled from the handful of generic traits you have selected - pretty meaningless and a distraction from the good stuff. The good stuff being the props, costumes and models.

I'm the kind of guy that could study and admire the models in particular for hours. The labelling could have been better, in the Paris exhibition I recall that only one or two things were labelled as screen used. This made me think that perhaps the majority of stuff wasn't screen used - so would have been nice to have some more clarity on that, whether or not the exhibits were reconstructions or actual genuine movie props.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Tusken Raider said:
Travelled down from Liverpool for the opening weekend of Star Wars IDENTITIES on the 19th November.

Personally I enjoyed it, guys. Wasn't overly fussed on the outcome of which Star Wars Identity I was, but seeing copies of the original artwork and costumes etc. was really good. 90 minutes [at least} to complete the whole exhibition with taking it all in. Overall, I enjoyed it. Another exhibition for the CV.

Probably going to take the kids to this and have a day out in London. I think the whole identity thing will be a good sidetrack for the kids too whilst I indulge in all the other stuff.

SOJ

Sith Lord
A top day out with my little one today, recommended if you're into props or local enough.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Went down with a couple of mates last week.
We got tickets for 1:30 which was, to our relief, very quiet.

There's some good props and costumes. The models and sketches are nicely displayed.
The Identities part of it wasn't really interesting for me, but I can see how it could be good for a family with kids.
With the aid of a headset audio is played at certain areas when you come across them.
The shop is pricey. I was tempted with a program but we'd taken photos of pretty much everything.

It would have been great to have a Cantina in there and get in a dust up with Walrus Man. Instead we went to some pubs after...and thankfully didn't get in a dust up.
Overall, it was pretty good and took us about 90'.
We went to Celebration last year and nothing can top that for a Star Wars experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20170224_113740.jpg
    IMG_20170224_113740.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,113

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Finally got around to seeing this. Was at the O2 last night to see KISS, decided to go early and see this before. Got to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. There's some really great stuff in there, loved the droids display. Not sure which bits were actually in the films and which were replicas but it's a really cool. Very funny being in a Star Wars museum full of KISS fans. It's not massive but it's worth a visit. Saw the Elvis display there last year which was also really good.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Going in a few weeks before the GN'R concert. Worth £25?

It's the O2 so you know you're going to get ripped off at some point. If you're coming down for GNR concert then yes. I wouldn't come down especially for it as it's not that big but worth a visit to see the costumes and artwork. It should be £20 tops but nothing is cheap there. Deffo worth a visit. Star Wars in the day, bit of food and drink then a gig, what could be better?!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
For me it was some good / some bad. The bad for me was the 'Identities' element which they have as a running thread through the exhibition. This is basically a bit like a video game character creator. In each area you add a bit more to your character, and then at the end you are shown your character assembled from the handful of generic traits you have selected - pretty meaningless and a distraction from the good stuff. The good stuff being the props, costumes and models.

I think this sums it up for me in many ways... the technology and interactive part kinda sucks, but as I attended with a mate and his kid, it did keep her entertained while we looked at the props and artwork.

For me the highlight was the concept art that was dotted through the exhibit. I enjoyed seeing these first hand far more than the props.

My lowlight was the lighting; very poor and often overly reflective.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

I think this sums it up for me in many ways... the technology and interactive part kinda sucks, but as I attended with a mate and his kid, it did keep her entertained while we looked at the props and artwork.

For me the highlight was the concept art that was dotted through the exhibit. I enjoyed seeing these first hand far more than the props.

Maybe I'm thick but I thought the cards explaining what things were were a bit ambiguous? Was the Ralph Mcquarrie artwork of C3PO and R2D2 etc the actual original?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Darth Bobby said:
SAVORY100 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Maybe I'm thick but I thought the cards explaining what things were were a bit ambiguous? Was the Ralph Mcquarrie artwork of C3PO and R2D2 etc the actual original?

It's listed in the catalogue as being 'Production Painting', so I would think so... who knows though really...

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
Darth Bobby said:
SAVORY100 said:

It's listed in the catalogue as being 'Production Painting', so I would think so... who knows though really...

Hope it's the original. Pretty nice paintings would look nice in my house. Thanks.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I saw this last weekend and it's not worth the money. There's one part which is great and worth £10 to see alone. The rest of it scrapes a fiver and the interactive bit is **** and just causes congestion .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom