Did anyone go to London in 2000 to The Art of Star Wars Exhibition

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Episode-1-The-Phantom-Menace-Advertising-Leaflet-from-Original-Video-/172470176750?hash=item2828060bee:g:T-IAAOSwo4pYOhSZ

Reminded me when I went was fantastic had the same leaflet to get the Mini Poster.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Yes, at the Barbican. Still have a few momentos in a box somewhere. I love'd you could work the animatronics on Ree Yees.

It's similar the current one st the o2.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Yep, I went. I still have a couple of pens, flyers and a Ray Park signed exhibition poster knocking around somewhere...

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I didn't see it at the Barbican but I did see it at the Photography museum in Bradford later that year. Cracking exhibition - I particularly remember seeing the Logray costume, the Star Destroyer prop, R2 and 3PO. I have some pictures somewhere, I'm just not sure where...

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yes I went to that, with the pod racer you could sit in for photo's, and remember seeing the land speeder with Steve Austin, bionic man at the controls, dressed as Luke :) photo's bit naff but still had my camera for the 80's

Attachments

• DSCF0562.JPG
    DSCF0562.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,293
  • DSCF0563.JPG
    DSCF0563.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,295

SOJ

Sith Lord
It was a excellent show, I remember I had an ex-girlfriend with me and she hurried me through. Wish I'd gone alone so I could have soaked more of it in. Oh to be 21 again :lol:

andygo

Padawan
Yep, that was one of the best touring exhibitions for any movie I've ever seen. Mindblowing...
I've got a bunch of photographs from it somewhere...yep ...actual photographs...remember them !!! :)
God knows where they are, I'll have to see if I can find them someday...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I also went to the Barbican Exhibition and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like others, I too have some photos, which I have scanned this evening and post below at the risk of hijacking this thread somewhat (please accept my apologies StarWarsFan! :oops: ). I went as part of a group and it's not really fair to show their faces without permission, hence the masking! :-D

Lastly, apologies for the less than stellar picture quality. This was most definitely before my first digital camera!

Group 1:

01 - Maul.jpg

02 - R2-D2 & C-3PO.jpg

03 - Amidala.jpg

04 - Boba Fett.jpg

05 - Han & Chewie.jpg

06 - Falcon & Destroyer.jpg

07 - Boba Fett 2.jpg

08 - Naboo N-1.jpg

09 - Naboo N-1 2.jpg

10 - TIE Fighter.jpg

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Oh wow thanks for sharing so many good memories. :D, no problem at all was only 13 when I went and didn't have a camera so couldn't take any pictures thanks so much for sharing with everyone.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Oh wow thanks for sharing so many good memories. :D, no problem at all was only 13 when I went and didn't have a camera so couldn't take any pictures thanks so such for sharing with everyone.
You're welcome :)

adampbooth

Padawan
Yes, I went down to London especially. It was great. I got in free with my Blue Peter Badge! - thinking about it I'm pretty sure I was too old at the time to still be using my Blue Peter Badge! :lol:

I've still got some merch knocking around - i'll see if i can dig it out and add a few pics...
It was a pre-digital camera age so I've got a physical album of photos somewhere too!

We were really lucky because we wend just for the exhibition but found out whilst we were there that Ray Park was signing at Forbidden Planet the same weekend!

adampbooth

Padawan
There's not really anything on it but the Barbican web page is actually still online!
https://www.barbican.org.uk/bie/archive/star-wars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom