Celebration Orlando Collecting Track Announcement Thread

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
As Celebration is right around the corner, expect lots of news about Collecting Track events!

Here's our first announcement, a sneak peek at the ROTJ Star Tots we will be giving away!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Events-A-H/Collectors-Stage/?campaignid=61931953&iusercampaignid=96124522

Tommy

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks Tommy. It's getting close now. Really looking forward to it.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
mr_palitoy said:
20 tots. Better take the big suitcase then.

:)

Jason

Better que alot. Remember last time people who could careless about the panels were lining up as all they wanted was a tot.

I'm going to try a new tact this year. I'm going to walk down the queue until I find one of these morons, and offer to give them the tot that they want once the panel is over if they give me the space in the queue so I get to see the panel, which is the bit I'm interested in.

I love the tots, but would much rather see the panels.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I asked a couple in front of me to stop talking to each other through one panel a few years ago as I couldn't hear. They said they were only there for the tot and had no interest in the panel talks. They did shut up at that point though.

Jason

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I see them more as a souvenir and memory for me going. These jokers think they are gold and want to flip them. Almost as bad as the celebration store pins. Anyways.. May follow what Ben has suggested.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Not sure it's gonna be possible to queue for every panel this time.....will just concentrate on the ones I'm interested in and the tot will be a bonus on top.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
rob.. my rule of thumb last time in anaheim, was for the smaller panels (not the stadium ones) was to get there a couple of hours before. For saturday just choose panels and a queuing strategy and largely ignore the shop floor. It was insane there that day and you could barely move and I'm not exaggerating. Trying to look at stuff was pointless. Shop on the thursday. Hopefully get a few conversations going with the stall holders to see if they have anything in the car/van thats a bit tastier. Some bloke last time didnt think a box or 7 of vintage lower grade mocs would have much interest..

Richard_H

Grand Master
They are good quality, look neat and make a set. Unfortunately many are then sold at a premium on ebay.

Star Tots are cool, very much appreciated, but if you don't want to hear the panel then you shouldn't be there.

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Lindo said:
maybe a stupid question but why do people go nuts for these star tots?

Because Star Tots are awesome, obviously. :) Honestly, they're entirely done by collectors. We're the ones designing them, working with the manufacturers to produce them, paying all production costs, arranging with LFL to license them, paying to ship them from place to place, spending dozens of hours assembling them before the convention, and even more to hand them out to collectors. Free of charge. I've literally spent the last 5 hours today working on spreading the word about them. That's just *today*. And my reward for that is literally 1 set of Tots. That's it. And there are jobs in the project which are much, much more labor intensive than mine. So, that's a LOT of work to put into them, with very little actual benefit to us other than making people smile. If nothing else, I like to think that people appreciate them for that. They're a very expensive to produce and very time consuming to design/distribute collectible which is absolutely free. That's a rare thing in the world of Star Wars. But, again, they're also awesome in their own right. I've always thought they were the coolest exclusive around. And I genuinely mean that. I'm still pushing the other Chairmen to okay a Droids Kea Moll Star Tot at the next Celebration. :)

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
The Collecting Track wants to hear *your* collecting story! Just head over to our FB group and reply with your collecting journey. Your submission could be chosen to be part of our display at Celebration!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SWCollectingTrack/permalink/1871233629815096/

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Fans of the iconic franchise are invited to film themselves discussing the events, people, and collections that have fueled their love for Star Wars Collecting at the Collecting Track Social Lounge in Room W305. These "re-Collections" are limited to two guests per session and recordings will last approximately 10 minutes. Videos will be displayed in the Collecting Track Social Lounge and may be shared again at future Celebration events.

When completing the online registration form, participants will be asked to select their preferred time for recording, with the option of selecting a second or third choice as well. Additional times for walkups will be provided to those who do not reserve their spot for a recording session. To sign up ahead of time, reserve your time here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexggjxrPtH_AUs1nd1maLeo95BZTLTwSzqE3oOkOseNeii-A/viewform.

As an added bonus, each participant will receive an exclusive patch available inside the Collecting Track Social Lounge.

We'd also like to announce that once again the Collecting Track has created a fun and challenging scavenger hunt. This time it is a photo hunt! Simply get a card from the Collector's Lounge (Room W305) with the list of items. Photograph yourself with each of the collectibles and return to the Collector's Lounge to have all your photos verified by a volunteer. Prizes and medals for the finishers while supplies last!

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Be sure to cast your vote for our Collecting Track Awards! Winners will be announced at Celebration!
http://bit.ly/2nnDDWr

We'd also like to announced our Scavenger Hunt!
Once again the Collecting Track has created a fun and challenging scavenger hunt. This time it is a photo hunt! Simply get a card from the Collector's Lounge (Room W305) with the list of items. Photograph yourself with each of the collectibles and return to the Collector's Lounge to have all your photos verified by a volunteer. Prizes and medals for the finishers while supplies last!

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Pics of all 20 Star Tots have been released! We will be giving away one after every panel. Drop by room W307 for yours! Collect them all!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SWCollectingTrack/permalink/1878588165746309/

Tommy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom