Header image

Farthest From XIV Sunday May 7th 2017

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Farthest From XIV Sunday May 7th 2017

Postby Hothrebel » Sat May 06, 2017 12:25 pm

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always looking for meccano items

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Who's your wingman.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Sat May 06, 2017 12:59 pm

A chap called Craig,he's a FF virgin

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Sat May 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Nick, what AT-AT Driver is that and how much do you have on him?
Sith happens.....

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Sat May 06, 2017 1:28 pm

It's a palitoy 65 D
UKG 85 90/85/85
£250

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Sat May 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Hothrebel wrote:It's a palitoy 65 D
UKG 85 90/85/85
£250

Ok thanks, fortunately I have one of those.

Cheers.
Sith happens.....

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 pm

damn nick a great load of moc there again :o no 12backs?? dont know why im even asking I cant get there :( have a great day guys

ODB
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby ODB » Sun May 07, 2017 12:23 pm

I was going to this but the M3 being closed and the A3 being solid put an end to that.
Beyond Good, Beyond Evil, Beyond Your Wildest Imagination.........

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Gutted for you mate it looks like it will be belting

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 pm

This was exactly the weekend i needed after my last few months.
I had such a laugh with my friends, it was great to catch up with you all, to meet up with old friends and meet some new ones. The greatest of times.
I am well aware that I got truly bladdered on Saturday night (lots of Jaegar Bombs were consumed), sorry if i was a pain in the backside, I just remember laughing a lot! Pressure release valve was well and truly open! I love hanging with you guys :)

The Sunday's stalls have reached new levels! I've never seen tables in the middle of the hall before! A great selection of vintage on sale, something for everyone!

I hope you all got home safely. Here's to the next one!!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun May 07, 2017 10:31 pm

As above, really, except without all the exertions of the previous weeks Jez has endured!

A good Saturday night and a great show and turnout on the Sunday. Brilliant number of stalls and crammed into every inch of the room.

Great seeing all you guys as always. Rich, Pete, Carl and all you other guys that couldn't make it, you were sorely missed. There's always August, though, so block book that now and then there can be no excuse ;)

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 am

Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Had a fantastic time. Arrived in time to catch the end of the Saturday 'fun day' and used that time to chat with Stephane and Yann, picking up the handbook in the process, as well as getting all by back copies of his previous books signed too.

Then bumped into Mark and Lee for a beer and chat before joining the masses in the next pub along for a pre-panel drink and great conversation... Daz was handing out some swag (as was Stephane) which was a great treat for me having not been able to get to Orlando and I do love all my swag!

The evening moved (for me at least) over to the hall, the food was ok... certainly plentiful, having heard of previous exploits at previous FF's I do wonder if the format of having a late night talk is right though... although I enjoyed it, I had (for me)) drunk a little too much by the time it finally started and possibly didn't give Stephane the attention he deserved!

After a very much appreciated, but slightly hilarious trip back to the hotel (Three Lions; not cheap, but very highly recommended) with my brother stashed in the back of Dave Tree's van along with all Dave's shelving... a good nights sleep set-up for day two.

Sunday was brilliant, SO MUCH vintage you can't imagine... Jason has captured it in the pictures, but in all seriousness, it felt like there was even more than pictured. The hall filled with people and steadily reduced of stock... I picked up a handful of pieces throughout the day all of which (as ever) are already cherished items that I feel blessed to own. Not least a few more Swag items that were bestowed upon me, Rob, Grant and Jez all handing me some little gem through the day - thanks lads!

I can't recommend making a Saturday evening of it enough. The friendships formed and developed and the conversation (I'm a quiet one too) that I got into was the best part of the weekend all round. Shopping is fun, talking and friendships are so much better and cost so much less!
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks for a great day on Sunday, my first and definitely not my last ff.
I felt it was like going back to the old days of fairs before the internet and facebook, so much vintage to see and "touch" before you buy, a much better way. :)
You were certainly spoiled for choice if MOCs were your thing, which they are for me, but there was lots to see apart form MOCs.
Thanks Jamie for the cases they were exactly what I needed, nice to meet you.
Really nice to chat with the Vintage Rebellion guys, great to put faces to names, thanks for your time, you were certainly in demand, but made time to chat.
Purchased a few new items that are already part of my collection, which now also have great memorys of my first ff as well.
Looking forward to the next one, when ever it is :?:
Thanks again for a great day.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Mon May 08, 2017 6:08 pm

FF has become something I've really come to look forward to, despite the trek it feels like it's all worth it when you see familiar faces, and get to know new ones.

I came away with a couple of bargains and a couple of bits to fill holes in the collection.

The French guys presentation was truly enlightening, shedding light on some stuff I never new. This is a part of FF that lacks with other events, it's learning new things, even after all this time.

I agree with Steve, by the time the talk kicked in I was half cut and knackered :D

To all my collecting friends, I salute you!

Return to “Star Wars Events”