Scottish Collectors - May The Toys Be With You at the Paisley Museum

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
This free-to-visit exhibition of vintage Star Wars toys, posters, and movie memorabilia has just opened in Scotland, at the Paisley Museum near Glasgow... and yes, it's £ free! If you're in the area I hope you might make a visit!

IMG_29704.JPG

IMG_29461.JPG

IMG_29173.JPG

/\ /\ /\ That's right... this exhibition even makes Weequay look cool! :D

Dazza

Youngling
I went to see it a couple of weeks ago - Might have to go back again! It's an amazing collection, and it was great to just see so many people enjoying it. I got told off for taking a photo though :oops:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
This free-to-visit exhibition of vintage Star Wars toys, posters, and movie memorabilia has just opened in Scotland, at the Paisley Museum near Glasgow... and yes, it's £ free! If you're in the area I hope you might make a visit!

IMG_29704.JPG

IMG_29461.JPG

IMG_29173.JPG

/\ /\ /\ That's right... this exhibition even makes Weequay look cool! :D

How long is it at this location Matt?
Is it updated content too?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
SAVORY100 said:
How long is it at this location Matt?
Is it updated content too?

Steve, it's at the Paisley Museum till March 5th, and due to the different amount of space the museum can provide and cabinets, etc there is some updated content.

Rich, Spoons, bunglebubs, thanks for the nice comments - well appreciated!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm glad it was extended into May. I got a chance to visit today.

A wonderful collection.

Things I learned -
The boxes for the 8 packs are half the size I thought they were.
Ditto the inflatable lightsaber.
There is very much a noticeable Stormtrooper varient with deeper features. I'm sure I have a right manky one. Is it rare?

I also got as close to a skiff and a vcj as I'm ever likely too. And the posters! Gorgeous condition. I got to see detail I never picked up on via jpegs. But whoever redrew the ESBA to fit the quad format was in a rush when he got to Fett and Lando!

It was a pleasant surprise to find the balcony of rare posters that I've only seen in legend. And the position of that Pali Death Star amused me.

Matt. What was that cluster of unproduced figures - with the fat dancer, Tarkin and Slave Leia? Customs? I didn't see a description.

A lovely collection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom